Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I've about had it!!

Old 01-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I've about had it!!

ORIGINAL: Digi
The question was asked:
Do dogs frequently cross onto other hunters property?
The answer around here is you better believe it! I suspect that most of the people on this board who are writing "to each his own" and all that have never had their hunt ruined by trespassing dogs.
Digi, don't be so quick making assumptions!
It is illegal here in Texas to run deer with dogs! I have never hunted deer with dogs, and I HAVE had hunts ruined by dogs!
I also am one of the ones here that stresses, "to each his own!"
I also stress, "IF its LEGAL!"
The biggest problem with dogs is, they don't know property lines! Their owners do though! I suspect most legal hunters, with dogs, respect property lines, poachers do not!

I plan to bring up the idea of outlawing the parking ofdogging trucks along the road with a county commissioner I know
Congratulations! That, and other county, and stategame hearings, are the best places to have laws changed! If you feel strongly about something, that is the thing to do about it! Not, like some, that insult others half-way across the country, for doing things legally, and no-wheres near them!
BTW, when you "assume," things, you make an ass/U/me!
Old 01-12-2006, 04:03 AM
Fork Horn

I'm not an english major but Idon't think the word suspect and assume are interchangeable.

And what I gather from your statement is that you have had your hunt busted by dogs not doggers. Not the same thing in my opinion.

[/align]
Old 01-12-2006, 04:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Again, you "gather" wrong! I've had hunts ruined by doggers, back when it was legal here! Also, dogs ain't the problem! Usually its the owners that are the problem!
I have no problem with dog hunting, if it were still legal here! The problems I've had with them back then, was they would intentionally send their dogs through your property! I mainly had this problem in one particular county! These folks thought your property, was theirs! Those are real poachers!
Old 01-12-2006, 04:27 AM

Im a dogger and i admit: My dog does not care about borders (even if it is a border terrier). Even if I care, and I do,about borders he will goand do go where the quarry goes no matter whose land that is. Its what he does and loves. But here its like that with everybody having dogs. It evens out in the long run and there is never any hard words or trouble its just common practice. The law here states that the drive should mainly be within ones own land so Im legal and hence ethically untouchable. In this case TRADITION works my way.
All neighbors hunt moose,wild boarand fox together so its a living interaction and just a normality with dogs running.
Yes, I get angry when others dogs run deer on our land and it spoils my huntbut the moral standards here are that it is taboo to shoot game for someone elses dog. Thats cheating and unethical! and nobody does it.

Shooting a dog=murder= blood vengence. Never happens.

Just wanted to mention how it can be different in different places.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

Jagman

Remind me where I was wrong first. Was it when I said "I SUSPECT MOST", yeah look up the word MOST. It has a different meaning than the word ALL.

Second, if you reread what you wrote about it being illegal in Tx and how you have never done it yourself, you will see how one would gather that. Perhaps if you were more clear in your statements one could better understand your intentions.

[/align]
Old 01-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

i know people get upset when dogs ruin their hunts (myself included) but i still say the biggest offenders are the dog hunters that will turn out the hounds on a property line, knowing full and well that the dogs will venture into/onto others property, i have seen it firsthand, most dog huntin around he is limited to larger tracts, it is supposed to be anyway, why do some dog hunters refuse to turn out their hound on an intierior area, BTW i don't want anybody to read this and think i hate doggin deer, while it is not my cup of tea i would never dream of having it takin away from the people that enjoy it as it is a long standing tradition here, and yes it is fun, but i still prefer to fin the deer and food sources and hunt like that..the bad thing is the dog hunters that are trying to do right are the ones who are suffering because of the ones who don't care, if doggin were made illegal those same people will probably still do whatever they want[:@]
Old 01-13-2006, 03:53 PM

What the heck I will through in my 2 cents I guess. I have still hunted and dog hunted both. I still hunt on private property and run dogs when I am in a management area that allows it. A lot of them do in central Florida. But the problem with some dog hunters is that they do not concern where they turn the dogs loose or care who they disturb to catch them up, hence some still hunters in this area will blast a dog as soon as they see it.But then again some of the people who still hunt in the management area where I live need to understand that dog hunting is legal and very popular in this area and if they want tostill hunt only there is other management areas where there is no dogs allowed. A little more respect from both sides would probally be a good thing.