Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Buying my first tree stand

Old 01-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buying my first tree stand

I used to have a nice four wheeler for getting to my stand, unfortunately when I brought it back to JC afterlast season it got stolen.

Here is a picturethat was taken when theyfinally recovered it..

Old 01-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: jcchartboy

I used to have a nice four wheeler for getting to my stand, unfortunately when I brought it back to JC afterlast season it got stolen.

Here is a picturethat was taken when theyfinally recovered it..

That looks like a sissy ride!

Old 01-08-2006, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

That looks like a sissy ride!
That could be why....even the cop in the background is laughing!!

Boy, that young man sure looked proud of it though!!
Old 01-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

Fortunately I won’t have to trek anywhere with the stand. It will be used at the back of my property. We have a thin strip of trees that separate our property from the corn field behind them. There is a large section of woods that runs along the right side of our property that the deer use to walk through to get to the corn field across from our house.

What’s great is in the corner where our trees meet the woods; there is a large grassy area that runs about 75 yards into the corn field. The deer bed down there. Some of the trees are acorn trees that they munch on prior to the corn being ready. I’ve picked a tall tree that sits right over the grassy area.

I talked to the farmer that owns the land and he said he didn’t have a problem with me shooting deer in his field from my stand. He said if I see any ground hogs or yotes out there to take them as well especially the ground hogs. No problem.

What’s cool is being new to deer hunting this gives me an opportunity through out the year to watch and observe the deer’s habits. I’m half tempted to buy a bow to extend my hunting season. It would be fun to goof around with a bow in my back yard anyhow.

Man I’m pumped. I love new hobbies. I have a feeling this one will replace the others. Well maybe not golf and fishing.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I’m pumped. I love new hobbies. I have a feeling this one will replace the others. Well maybe not golf and fishing
You already added 10 strokes to your golf game the moment youlogged in!!

Old 01-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Man I’m pumped. I love new hobbies. I have a feeling this one will replace the others. Well maybe not golf and fishing
You already added 10 strokes to your golf game the moment youlogged in!!

[/quote]

Man I hope not. I worked all year long trying to eliminate 10 and I don't want any back.