Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Buying a new stand help

Old 01-20-2008, 08:14 AM

Default Buying a new stand help

I am looking to purchase a new stand I am in Oklahoma so i dont think climbers would really fit what i need we have way to many limbs on the treesI was thinking of the lone wolf alpha or the elite because of the platform size it will be mainly be used for bow hunting any feedback will help.

[/align]
Old 01-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Spike

Default RE: Buying a new stand help

With the lonewolf you won't be disappointed. I don't think there are many that size that areany lighter and there are definitely none quieter. As far as comfort it's not a lazyboy, but I have spent manya day sitting in them from dark to dark while only getting down toyou guessed it. You would be getting a premium stand which comes with a premium price. I have 2 alpha's and also 2 sets of their climbing sticks which I also like very much. I have even bought a coupleextra sections for use on other stands or just in case I want to go a little higher.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Buying a new stand help

Here's a thought,

why not purchase a climber? You can still use it as a loc on but you cannot use a loc on as a climber. Seriously, lots of great choices out there for loc ons but the versatilitiy of a climber is endless.

I prefer loc ons in my secure spots but I also own a climber.

PS, SEE THREAD STARTED IN BOWHUNTING, SAME POSTER.