Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

thought I was spiderman

Old 01-03-2006, 01:52 PM

Default thought I was spiderman

I had an idea that I would use my climbing gaffs and my gorilla hand on stand and just hunt anywhere. I had no idea it was going to be as hard and as difficult as it was. I went carrying my bow, wearing my stand on my back and the straps are crap because it kept sliding off my shoulders. Then when I looked for a tree all I was finding were straight ones. Heck if I were going to just use straight ones, I would have brought my summit viper, it would have been more comfy and also alot less crap to carry. Then I started climing and tried to put the stand on the tree and inbetween it being so hot and nosy I just decided I wasn't even going to finish. I just climbed back down and walked on home. I wish there was a light weight stand that I could use, and not let trees determine where I am going to hunt. And one thats not only light weight but comfy enough for all day hunts. I love the climbing gaffs but they only work good on trees that I already have a stand up in. Trying to stand on them, hang on, use both hands, plus wishing you had abotu 3 more hands, is just too much trouble, more than its worth.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: thought I was spiderman

Here's a tip for those straps that slide off of your shoulder. I bought a dog collar( The kind that has a plastic snap for a quick release )

Once I get the tre stand on my back, I use the dog collar to snap the two straps together in the middle on my chest. The straps won't slide anywhere until you unsnap the collar.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:24 PM

Hey, I never thought of that. I may try it...........next year. Dang it. Deer season needs to last longer. I have till the 8th but I am not too sure I need to kill another deer. I've killed a nice 4x4 this year and don't really need anymore meat. I am trying to kill atleast a doe with my bow.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that is creative thinking. Cool idea!

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

Here's a tip for those straps that slide off of your shoulder. I bought a dog collar( The kind that has a plastic snap for a quick release )

Once I get the tre stand on my back, I use the dog collar to snap the two straps together in the middle on my chest. The straps won't slide anywhere until you unsnap the collar.