Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 ethics/illegal activity related to laziness? >

ethics/illegal activity related to laziness?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ethics/illegal activity related to laziness?

Old 12-29-2005, 02:02 AM

Default RE: ethics/illegal activity related to laziness?

Myapologies NYBowhunter.It seemsI made you wrong. As I reread my post it appears I directed the last part to you personallybut that was not my intention. [&o]

I meant that in general the unethical examples you brought up in large depends on two things. Lack of knowledge and lack of a well thought through value system. The laws do not help here either.
The key is in my opinion education. Emphazise education and not the test.And mandatory it should be because there always is a lazy side of us all. The holyness issue comes in handier in this scenario. It often is all theothers that shoot at to long distances, dont follow their deer etc etc .
If the existing tests are unsufficient they need be revised and the educational program which is a lot more important than the test should reflect the current need.

I would not have a problem with you teaching hunting.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:21 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

the bears are unbelievable down here and their protected (bear hunting prohibited). because of the anti's, we have no bear season!

And they are killed just about every day on US19 by vehiclesin the strech betweenHomosasa and Homosasa Springs! I have a friend that killed the last legal black bearin Baker County,FL...
Old 12-29-2005, 02:27 AM
Dominant Buck

"I also believe you should not carry a weapon on private property when doing so." REBEL

That is a great idea. I will remember that one.
Chuck7
Old 12-29-2005, 08:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here's my favorite lazy man hunting:

Boceephus: "Holy @#%@ Billy Bob, there they go, coming out across the ridge, headin' towards the road!"

Billy Bob: "Lemme pull up" (Billy Bobputs his spitter down, and accelerates forward to get within range).

Sounds of shells clanking together, and a bolt slamming shut.

Truck Stalls.

Billy Bob: "Dammit"

Truck Starts, and Billy Bob puts the pedal to the metal.

Boceephus: "Stop right here...."

Boceephus: "STOP"

Boceephus: "I SAID STOP, YOU @$$#$%!!!"

Sounds of window winding down.

BOOOOOM

Billy Bob: "I think you got it"

Boceephus: "Was it a buck or a doe?"

Billy Bob: "Holy @#$%, it's getting up"

BOOOOOOM

Billy Bob: "Let me find a spot to park where it's not posted."

Boceephus: "Hell with those signs."

Billy Bob:"Yeah, hell with 'em, let's go see what ya got. We just gotta hurry before somebody comes."

Old 12-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

It never ceases to amaze me just how many people will shoot at an animal then if it doesn't drop in sight,they don't even walk over to look where the animal was to see if there is any sign that it was hit.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:57 PM

The only weapon I'll take across a fence is my knife... And that's more for protection than just finishing offwounded game, these javalinas and russian boars down here are mean... but the guns do stay at the fence (unless there is an agreement between landowners)...

As for your bowhunting story there, I would imagine it goes along with rifles/blow-darts/sling-shots/water-guns... That seems as if it's pretty lazy to me...
Old 12-29-2005, 04:59 PM

That's my deal stubberjumper... shot my first deer last year, little 4-pointer... didn't see him kick or anything, he jumped the fence like he had no problem... went to look for blood a few minutes later and searched for a good 10 minutes, didn't find anything, almost went back and gave up but I figured I owed it to the deer to not waste him so I went back and found the blood and after a trip back to camp to get the flashlights we had him hanging...
Old 12-30-2005, 05:55 AM

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

NY, in response to your first example. i don't know about NY state, i have never been there, but here in florida the bears are THICK! by the time we walk back to the truck, find property owner, come back...a bear would have already found/caught the deer and drug it off.
I have never seen a bear so not carrying a weapon when searching for the walking dead is the right way, BUT if I lived and hunted where you are I would have to pack some kind of projectile weapon..
Old 12-30-2005, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

quik, i'm guessing by the names you picked out for your poachers...you're pointing fingers at the south. i guess there are no poachers up north or out west?!?!
also.....Boceephus is spelled BOCEPHUS! if you're gonna make fun of us "rednecks or hillbillies", learn to spell!