Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Barnes Triple Shock results

Old 12-22-2005, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Barnes Triple Shock results

I posted this on the Reloading board, but thought it would be appropriate to post it here also:

I managed to take mysecond whitetail with a Barnes Triple shock this past weekend. As a matter of fact it was the largest whitetail I've ever taken,an eleven point that weighed 256 lbs (a large one for Mississippi).

Iused the 140 gr. TSX in my 7mm Rem Mag Sako 75. I was using 66grs. ofH4831sc and Fed215 primers in Norma brass. Aiming for the heart, I shot the deer right behind the right front shoulder and on the way out it took out a portion of the off shoulder. The distance was about 20 - 25 yards.

The amount of damage this bullet didinside the chest cavity was just awesome. The heart and connecting arterieswere just totally blown to bits. The lungs were complete mush. The exit hole was about an inch and half in diameter and in the 15 to 20 yards the deer managed to cover after being shot, there was a good blood trail, although it wasn't needed for tracking. I would have liked to have seen what the bullet looked like, but due to the complete penetration there was no chance of that happening.

This is just the second deerI've shot with aTriple Shock, so I'm not sure any concrete conclusions can be made yet.However, I'm very encouraged andconsider it my favoritebullet at this time.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Barnes Triple Shock results

Good job, that’s a good size deer. Nice to see the TSX worked as it should...