Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
wildlife cams for home security??? >

wildlife cams for home security???

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

wildlife cams for home security???

Old 10-13-2002, 02:31 PM
Spike

Default wildlife cams for home security???

I just had a $1700.00 dollar grass cutter along with a weed wacker stolen from a shed that I have out back. I think it is the work of teens on 4 wheelers during the day. I have seen some guys use motion cams to take pics of wild life. Do these cams work during the day, how much are they and where do I get them? Lord help these kids if I ever get my hands on them. Sorry for the off topic question.....I'm really pissed right now. Also, I've noticed that some guys track game with radio collars. I was thinking of putting one in my new grass cutter. Where would I get one of them?

Tifford

Hold Steady
Old 10-13-2002, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wildlife cams for home security???

Yes the cameras works during the day and/or night and most good models let you turn the flash off if you don't want anyone to notice it. This is exactly what you need to catch these thugs. Here is some info I just gave Buckslugger on another topic, read my post for more info. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

http://forum.hunting.net/bbs/topic.a...564&FORUM_ID=3

--------------------------------------------
Hunting the Piney Woods of Deep East Texas.
Old 10-13-2002, 10:13 PM
Spike

Thanks Tx,

Your state knows how to handle these idiots. Here in NC they don't give a rip.

Tifford

Hold Steady
Old 10-13-2002, 10:55 PM
Spike

Tx,

Thanks for the link. I'm going to be a busy guy on Monday. I'm taking off a day from work to do this and a few other things such as get a copy of the police report, hardware store and dealing with the insurance company. If I ever catch these maggots there will be no mercy. I think it was these same guys who stole my gas grill off my front porch. I found the grill at a drug dealers house(it was in the front yard). He gives drugs in exchange for goods. He then sells the goods. I got the grill back. I told the cop who took the report about the grass cutter this and he seemed indifferent.

Pretty nice stuff. I think I can build one if radio shack can get me all of the parts. Thanks again. The home brew one looks so cheap that I might be able to put up two or three of them. I will be upset if I get pics of the maggots and the cops refuse to do anything about it.

Tifford

Hold Steady

Edited by - Tifford on 10/13/2002 23:58:48