Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Picture Resizing

Old 12-13-2005, 10:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default Picture Resizing

I need to know how to resize a picture so I can show off the deer I got last month. The picture is 1322 kB right now and when I try to attach it, it says it is too large. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Picture Resizing

JC maybe I can help a little although I am not real computer savy .. I have found that if the picture is a BMP format if you chage that to a JPG it will load easier ..and you may even have to crop this picture some ...good luck ..I look forward to seeing your trophy !

dd

Old 12-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can also edit your photo. Go to where your photo is and open it. then right click it, and go to edit. this should bring you to paint. on the left click the box thatisdashed like this ----. then click on your photo and box around just you and the deer. You can take a lot of the back ground out.then save it. When it brings you to the save screen, this is where you can change the format if need be. Good Luck!
Old 12-13-2005, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

If all you want to do is make it smaller in file size, open it in MS Paint, then on the image menu, pick stretch/skew. From there you can resize the entire file/picture, pick 50% for both height and width and then do a File->Save As to a different filename (so that you keep the original). Check that file size, it will be much smaller then you can upload it.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

If you double click it, it will preview, then click on the edit button at bottom. It will open the BMP file in MS Paint.Click file, "save as" change the extension to JPG. This will make it a lot smaller.

Old 12-13-2005, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Bob H in NH

If all you want to do is make it smaller in file size, open it in MS Paint, then on the image menu, pick stretch/skew. From there you can resize the entire file/picture, pick 50% for both height and width and then do a File->Save As to a different filename (so that you keep the original). Check that file size, it will be much smaller then you can upload it.
Bob,
Man, that was easy. Now I won't have to go to my photo bucket website.

Thanks,
C. Davis
Old 12-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the help! I'm going to try to post it now and see how it turns out.