Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 MY NIGHTMARE HAPPENED TO ME TODAY >

MY NIGHTMARE HAPPENED TO ME TODAY

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

MY NIGHTMARE HAPPENED TO ME TODAY

Old 12-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Spike

Default MY NIGHTMARE HAPPENED TO ME TODAY

Today I was going to look at a new area close to where I usualy hunt but Ive never been back there. I left at around noon to avoid running into deer I do this becoase I dont like carrying a gun when scounting unfamilure areas becoase most of its swamp. And I even said before I left that my luck I will go back there without a gun and see a deer. well I was trying to avoid the bedding areas (thick brush in the swamp) but I kind of got stuck behind a stream and as I was looking for a way back across to go back home it happened I jumped a deer but not just any deer a big deer a 12 point the biggest deer I have ever seen besides the internet and tv it was a monster and here I was looking at it square in the face at about 30 yards without a gun feeling like the stupidest person ever. the good news is that if i had brought my gun i still would not have been able to cross the stream in the first place and I would have never seen him but it still sucks![:@]
Old 12-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MY NIGHTMARE HAPPENED TO ME TODAY

You can stiil look at it in a good way. You know where there's a Monster out in some thick stuff. It's after the rut, so he probaly won't go far if he evens moves. My past experience tells me if this is the first time he's been bumped out of that spot, and you backed out right away. More than likely he'll come back. Plus you know where to find his sheds.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:34 PM

You know where he lives now. Get him next year.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:13 PM
Spike

Ya I hope so he is big and wouldnt he make an awsome fist buck, Man! I can't wait to go after him
Old 12-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

they love that swamp sh$t. jumped a doe bedding in tall grass that has tons of thin streams running all over it. drew up on here and realized, how the hell would i ever get her out. i'm over a mile from my car and the terrain was very wet, deep and......well it wasn't good. no wonder she's back there.