Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Scary thing happened today!

Old 09-05-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Scary thing happened today!

On my way to work I stopped at Denman Wildlife Area, here in Jackson Co., Southern OR. I thought I'd just go for a little walk to unwind before a hectic day. I was on an access road, and had noticed two guys leaving the same are (Little Butte Creek Unit). This is a shotgun only area, but they had rifles. One guy was holding his gun by the barrel, kind of swinging it back and forth, and the other guy had his across his shoulders with both hands draped over it. I figured they were done, and SURELY the guns weren't loaded since they were being so careless. I wasn't far from my car, maybe 40-50 yds, when I hear "zzzzZZWHIPFfffff..." Holy ****! Was that a f***ing bullet?! I kinda high-tailed it back towards my car, and judging by the way they booked out of there, yeah, I think it was. My knees got weak, my hands shook, and I said a little prayer, thankful that my name wasn't on it. Damn hillbilles!
Old 09-06-2005, 02:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Scary thing happened today!

Ouch. The first thing I'd do is to report them to the police or warden. If they indeed took a shot at you, or try to scare you off by shooting near you, that is threatining your life. A good description would behelpful. If they can't catch them, the game wardens will still most likely stick closer to the area making it safer..
Old 09-06-2005, 01:22 PM

Default RE: Scary thing happened today!

I went ahead and notified the OSP. If nothing else they've got a description of the vehicle and location.