Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

35mm Trail Camera Question

Old 12-09-2005, 10:22 AM

Default 35mm Trail Camera Question

I know that digital is the way to go, but I am not concerned with developing my own pictures. I am looking to puchase 4 or 5 35mm trail cameras to place at different stand locations. They seem to have dropped alot in price, so my question is, if you where to buy a 35mm cam which one would you go with. I am sure alot of you have used them before digitals came out. What one performed the best for you. Thanks for any info.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:34 AM

Default RE: 35mm Trail Camera Question

I have two ; one is the Moultrie 35 mm ; and the stealth cam.
both work great for me.the moultire is a lot bigger , but works better than the stealth although it also works pretty good.

as for the Moultrie ; if you get that one ;( DO NOT USE FUIGE FLIM). I had a problem with it. I called and they said don't use fuige flim and the problem wouldn't happen. after I started using Kodak flim the problem went away.sounds funny , but thats the way it worked out.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another Vote for Stealth Cam. I bought it on sale at Walmart last year for $39.99. I have used the cheapest film from Kodak and have had no problems really. Once I couldn't get the film to go on right but holding it with my hand and pushing the advance button fixed it. I just bout 2 packages of the Stealth Cam starter pack film and batteries for $9.99 each. That includes 8 batteries and 3 rolls of film in each package.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a DC 200 from Non-typical and it works great, the DC 300 is out now running around $100. Only other one I have seen used is a CamTracker, mine works at least as well, is easier to setup and check and is alot cheaper
Old 12-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a Stealth Cam also. "the cheap one" It took pretty good pictures. It is true, Fuji film doesn't work. I used Kodak. I have to admit, the digitals are the way to go. Here is why

1 After you get a memory card for it, you only need to get batteries for it once in a while.

2 You can see your pictures as soon as you want. You don't have to wait to shoot up the whole roll or wait for developing.

3 You can enhance the pictures on the computer.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Fork Horn

I love my cheap STEALTH cameras, and I use Kodak film.

I take the film to the processors, and have them put all the pictures on a CD...NO PAPER PHOTOS.

This saves me a ton of $$$ I can get 3 rolls of film on 1 CD, for 6-8 bucks total.

Plus then I can edit, enlarge, etc what ever photos I like.

THat being said, I prefer my Digitals over my 35mm anyday.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

I have 2 of the Stealth cameras for 2 years now. They can be troublesome to load the film, but Ive gotten some good pix. See http://www.racksnspurs.com/and click on Photo Gallery.

I even had one at a feederthat snapped a photo when the feeder kicked off and it caught the corn in mid air.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

I have an old Deercam Vision and the DeerCam DC-300. AVOID THE STEALTH CAMS! I went through two and threw them both away. One nice feature is that you can adjust the delay on the DC300 down to seconds.Worksgreat for scrapesand trails, for a quick second shot. www.natchezss.com has them for $84