Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Disgusted with PA

Old 12-05-2005, 06:52 AM

Default RE: Disgusted with PA

ORIGINAL: kevin1

I would reccomend that you speak with those same "college grad biologists" whose salaries your taxes are paying and get the real story instead of that heresay******* that you're spouting .

The kind of deer numbers that Pennsylvanians have gotten accustomed to in recent years were way above the carrying capacity of the state , not just the little chunk of farmland that you hunt on , so the problem was bigger than you seem to realize .
You don't have a clue so don't act like i don't know what the heck i'm talking about. My "little chunk of farmland" happens to be over three counties wide and long. But i guess that's not alot of hunting ground to you. I bet you walk all over the state of Indiana, crossing 8 counties a day just in time to bag a big buck before dark. Get a life and don't be talking to me as if i'm some kind of idiot. We have SO MANY deer hunters during those two weeks lately that it's ridiculous. You almost have to reserve a spot to sit in the woods. All those guys, all these days, all the tags and there aren't going to be hardly any deer left at all. I'm not whining because I haven't killed a deer yet. I saw a grand total of 5 deer the first day. Four doe and an 8 pointer that I let grow. If i wanted a deer I would have one. I'm just concerned about the future of the sport. I don't believe that being concerned about hunting has anything to do with "spouting horse****". Don't run your mouth unless you know what you're talking about
Old 12-05-2005, 06:53 AM

Pa. never had a problem with the health of the herds.They was all in good shape.It seems since Bush got in the office everything in this country went to hell when it was perfectly fine before he stole the election.It's about the green back dollar,and how can I keep getting more.Well from the hunters is a start.Keep selling till the suckers stop buying then raise the price of ordinary liscenses.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:00 AM

MY friend just came back from PA for a week of hunting and his story sounds all to similar to what I am hearing here. I hunt Upstate NY and the herd seems to be fine up there, but he told me this was the 1st year ever, that none of the hunters in his camp took a buck, and none even took a deer. He said the deer numbers in that area are now horrible and almost not worth taking to trip back to PA next year unless some things change. He stated the same reason, too many doe permits. They can have twin opffspring if they are hanging in the deer cooler!!!!
Old 12-05-2005, 08:28 AM
Spike

i have been hunting in pa for 15+ years and the deer numbers have been steadily declining, and this year is almost rediculous! Jhalfhill is absolutely correct! I hunt in washington county and there is plenty of food available and have never come across a starving deerin my entire life! The antler restrictions are working great in my neck of the woods, but the game commissionshould begin reducing the antlerless deer tags allocated. I even feel that doe season shouldnt last the entire two weeks of buck season, maybe make it the second week only. This two week season for doe is way too long and it is totally dessimating the population is heavily hunted areas because now even the slob hunters are eventually going to stumble across a doe within two weeks! I know of a lot of seasoned hunters are fed up with these new policies and are planning on hunting other states next year. Bottomline is that something needs to be revised and soon or the face of hunting in PAwill be changed forever!
Old 12-05-2005, 09:23 AM

In reference to battle buck "Pa. never had a problem with the health of the herds. They was all in good shape. It seems since Bush got in the office everything in this country went to hell when it was perfectly fine before he stole the election. It's all about the green back dollar, and how can I keep getting more. Well from the hunters is a start. Keep selling till the suckers stop buying then raise the price of ordinary liscenses."
How could you blame the PA game commission on Bush? LoL, thats the most rediculous thing I have ever heard in my life.. If you ask me you don't know the situation we are having in PA and with the way everything is going there won't be any more deer left and we'll have to transport in from Michigan or somewhere else like we did in the Early 1900's. Don't criticize the U.S. Government for what the deer herd is like, take a look at the PA Game Commission Policies and then you'll understand why we are hurting..
Anyways.. I'm going to go walk around my farm today all 300+ acres.. I bet I won't even come across a deer track.. I'll see more bear or mountain lion tracks then deer..
thats right mountain lion and I got proof of one in this area from my treecam.. the thing came 10 yards from the tree just walking and you can tell it's no bobcat or dog just some big yellow cat on the prowl. Wonder if i'll get in trouble if i shoot the thing? oh well they don't exist in PA so you can't right??
Old 12-05-2005, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt down in Chester County, I will tell you this, the herd down here is fine, with tons of deer around. Not one hunt yet where I haven't seen at least 8 deer. I hunt in Management area 5C.

Shane
Old 12-05-2005, 12:18 PM

I have been hunting down washington county for a while now and the numbers of deer that i have seen have been declining over the last couple of years. i would like to think that what we have been doing for the past couple of years is gona pay off in the long run but to me it seems like we are takeing a step back in deer population control. i also fear that this is gona be bad for young hunters out there that if they dont get many chances totake buck/doe's because they dont get to see them. Hopefully this will not ge tthemout of hunting.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:26 PM

I hunt in Lycoming County.. I have grown up around hunting and have always seen my dad and uncles always bag atleast a 6pt or better each year i can remember.. I've had my chances at some quality bucks even when the management system started.. twice i've shotten a buck only to be shotten by another guy since I hunt on the edge of our property.. I don't mind someone else tagging my deer i shot at because they were the last one to shoot and finish with the kill shot.. they killed it their deer... anyways people always loved to come spot lighting in our fields preseason just because we had so many deer to look at and some nice bucks to display.. well those people are gone because there is nothing to look at... you are lucky to scout where i live and see a deer sign.... i just walked around our property and seen one good path in 300 acres that was being used... that's pathetic if you ask me... then i walked around our fields and through the main woods and didn't even kick a single deer up, when in the past i would see about 10-20 deer just walking through a particular spot... hunting as we knew it in PA is dying and the only ones that can stop this is the game commission.. but what do they know.. they like to shoot off the does.. yeah that's really working well... u can't survive on 1 doe every 100 acres... and again you can't hunt what's not there to be hunted...
Old 12-05-2005, 12:45 PM

I have been hunting in Washington County for almost 10 years and have seen a steady decline in the deer population in the area since the increase in doe licences sold in the area. i want to think that the game commission knows what is gona be good in the long run for the deer population but i am startin to think otherwise. another thing that i am worried about is that young hunter are gona get discouraged by not seeing alot of bucks/doe's and possibly not getting a deer and not wanting to go out because they arnt getting any action.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:13 PM

Around philly and pittsburgh are where all the deer are at.......i wonder if when they take their estimates and counts, if they count valley forge park......there are thousands of deer in there and they prob all get bred. i shot a doe opening day archery in 5C.i have been hunting in virginia now and have seendeer ormanytimes...........i hunted opening day rifle in wayne county pa and only saw 2 deer and they were high tailing it. Heard amoderate amount of shooting on some private ground but almost none on the gamelands. i hopethis the# of half-@ss hunters to give up. i know i will get my deer in due time.....i saved a nice piece of unhunted ground for second season archery

Quick Reply: Disgusted with PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.