Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Goose cooked, horse IS dead!

Old 12-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Goose cooked, horse IS dead!

Guys, I think that the goose is cooked, and this horse IS definatly dead!
I've quit reading the "dead deer in public view" thread after the first ten pages or so!
I can't really understandwhy this could mushroom into such a big contraversy!
While some people do not particularly like the sight of dead animals, there were only one, or two in favor of any laws against carrying deer in public view!
I am not for any such laws! It would probably be against our First Amendment rights anyway!
But this issue should not be causing the contraversy that it is, among anotherwise agreeable hunting community!
My views on public display of dead animals have nothing to do with changing laws, or political correctness!
Personally, I have never been bothered by sights of dead animals, but I would just like to caution ourselves to at least be considerate of others, and keep things in good taste!
The anti's, I could care less about offending! There are the non-hunters, and believe it or not, I even have a friend that is an avid hunter, that gets queezy at blood sights! It is just in some peoples nature.
So, wether you choose to display your kills, or cover them up, just remember to do it in good taste! If its a really bloody, or torn-up animal, you might want to use a little good judgment!
If the local laws state that your kill must be in view, then it must be at least partially in view! Otherwise the choice is yours!
Also, remember that as hunters, and gun owners, we have much more in common, than we have to be at odds over!
So why don't we just bury this dead horse, and remember who our real enemies are!
Good hunting everyone!
Old 12-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Goose cooked, horse IS dead!

Amen!!!! I didn'tthink that it would even go half as far as it has.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:22 AM
Dominant Buck

10-4, Good Buddy!
Old 12-02-2005, 01:22 PM

I gave up after two pages. I normally don't follow a thread past three pages unless I started it. Just gets boring to me.

Paul
Old 12-02-2005, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I read that sucker all the way through and at times it made me laugh. I see a few people at opposite ends of the issue and most like myself were somewhere in between. Neither side changed my feelings on the matter with all their name calling and such. I was always under the opinion that if you couldn't add something positive to the conversation then stay out of it. The negative things always find their way in. Oh yeah, for the record

1- I'm a tailgate up kinda guy.
2- I skin them in my garage(I don't have a tree big enough in my yard)
3- I'll proudly show them off if someone wants to peek over the bedside or come into my garage.
4- I try to be considerate of others as long as they show consideration for me.