Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Beating the dead horse again >

Beating the dead horse again

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Beating the dead horse again

Old 03-24-2004, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Default Beating the dead horse again

What do you think about these two sentences a poster made on another website? He was thinking of trying another brand of fixed blade heads because a previous attempt at shooting some failed for him. By the way, the fixed blade head he had tried are supposed to be one of the best fixed heads in the business.

I have always shot mechanicals because of the ease of use, no tuning required--shoots like a fieldpoint. However, I would switch to a fixed in a heartbeat if I could find one that actually shoots decent without having to re sight, tune, etc.
Old 03-24-2004, 05:04 PM

Default RE: Beating the dead horse again

I just read this one myself over at that site. I think he even said that he has two sets of sights that he interchanges for tips, and broadheads. UNREAL.

I didn't waste my energy replying.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

This just sound's like he's lazy and he find's shooting to be boring .I love to shoot as much as possible and don't mind re tuning when it comes to setting up broadhead's, usually they're just minor adjustment's to be made .I shoot Fixed heads most of the time ,I only shoot mechanical's when hunting turkey's.

nubo
Old 03-24-2004, 06:15 PM

He doesn't care about the animal.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:31 PM

The horse ain't dead yet

I think he even said that he has two sets of sights that he interchanges for tips, and broadheads. UNREAL.
I don't see a problem with this.............I have done it many times. IMO probably the best way to do it.

Of course I am a little lazier now a days so I just tune the bh's to my field points and call it good.

But when I had the time and space to really group tune my Bh's - I always used another sight or moved the one I had.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

These are the type of people that concern me. Hopefully his system works well enought that there aren't any animals running around with wounds or arrows sticking out them.

I have prided myself in having pinpoint accuracy with my Muzzy's. Sure it takes a little time to fine tune, but I really enjoy myself doing it. A couple years ago, I had my rest move on me during season. Try as I might, I couldn't get the thing back where it was and I was getting erratic groups with BH's. Well, I hunted anyway, without the intention of shooting at anything. Just had a good day in the woods watching, learning and relaxing. Then on the following day, I spent all afternoon retuning back to where I was.

We all need to respect the animal we chase. We owe it them and our fellow hunters.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 03-24-2004, 08:15 PM

To paraphase what a very wise man once said

"A fool is someone who thinks their way is the only way, and their definition of "bowhunting" is the only definition. "

Lots of truth in that statement. I have to constantly remind myself of that statement.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:32 PM

I don't see a problem with this.............I have done it many times. IMO probably the best way to do it. call me crazy, but it seems the "best" way to do it would be tune your bow, arrows, and do your part correctly, and the broadheads would be hitting with the field tips from the get go.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

In many cases j, but not many times also. By the guys' post, he indicated tuning a bow was not necessary at all.

With fixed blade heads, most times a little tweaking is necessary, almost always if you want them to hit with your field points......but that was not my point of this thread. I see a few bowhunters who use mechanical heads as a means to avoid tuning, and to me that is not the best reason to use any head no matter what kind it is.

Quick Reply: Beating the dead horse again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.