Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 QUIT WHINING AND TRYING TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT >

QUIT WHINING AND TRYING TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

QUIT WHINING AND TRYING TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT

Old 12-02-2005, 12:13 PM

Default RE: QUIT WHINING AND TRYING TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT

agreed! this is about sharing experiences and the joys of hunting. Personally, I've been ashamed at all of these offhand shots people have been taking at RedAllison specifically, in forums that aren't even related to the "dead deer in public view" post! RedAllison posted a personal opinion about a topic that was obviously going to get some serious flack, and I respect that. good for you. it's ALSO good that you guys gave the counter opinion. everyone is entitled to their own hunting techniques, style, opinion, WHATEVER! i'm glad you guys will talk about it, but lets just listen to what people have to say and agree or don't it's your choice. But hey, lets not hold it against each other, that's just pointless.

All in all, quit complaining about other people say what you want to say, and stop trying to make enemies over a few opinions!

Old 12-02-2005, 12:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would not hesitate to shoot a deer at 5:15 in Bama (where I hunt). I have a good scope (Zeiss Diavari 3x12x56) and can plainly see a deer at that time of day.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

But, you weren't there and really have absolutely NO idea what the actual light was at 5:15 in that particular place.
Now there you go busting on NY. How do you know that had he posted on that thread he might have asked that question to clear it up and it would have been over if the right answer was offered up?

But to think that you know better than that guy about shooting light when you weren't even there is really funny to me.
Point that to me as I missed where that was said. You see, this is how things get going. In your post alone you made two acuzations and it just piles on after that.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:16 PM

ORIGINAL: mdbohuntr

But, you weren't there and really have absolutely NO idea what the actual light was at 5:15 in that particular place.
Now there you go busting on NY. How do you know that had he posted on that thread he might have asked that question to clear it up and it would have been over if the right answer was offered up?

But to think that you know better than that guy about shooting light when you weren't even there is really funny to me.
Point that to me as I missed where that was said. You see, this is how things get going. In your post alone you made two acuzations and it just piles on after that.
Well you can hypothesize all you want about what he MIGHT have said had he posted on a different thread. But what NY said was it was too dark to shoot at 5:15 and there was "no way" he would take that shot. My point was simply that how the heck could he POSSIBLY know if in that place at that time it was too dark to shoot? He can't because he wasn't there. He doesn't even know if "official sunset" time is geographically correct at that place. Given the east-west expanse of every time zone, and the effect of hills, etc. in some places actual sunsets are a little earlier or later than "official". That is why I would never presume to flatly state it was too late to shoot if I wasn't there.

Like I said, I'm very quick to quit shooting when it gets dark, so I imagine that NY and myself would tend to agree on whether it was too dark - IF we were there. I'd bet we are veryclose to what we would or wouldn't do as far as taking a shot. He strikes me as being very conservative in that regard, and that to me is one of the most respectable things a hunter can be.

But neither of us were there - yet he chose to state flatly that it was too dark to shoot. My point was that he simplycouldn't know. If that was busting on him, I'm sorry for that, but to me it's pretty cut and dried: the only way you can know if it is light enough to take a shot is to be sitting in that place at that time.

Sorry to stir things up, but I still think I'm right [:@]

Old 12-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

And I honor your opinion. I was pointing out how this type of stuff gets going.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:31 PM
swanny evans

i completely agree with trophy hunters orginal post.

Old 12-02-2005, 03:11 PM

thanks for all the positive responses, not looking for a pat on the back just something i had to say, now all you guys get out there and kill a big buck like i just did, everyone have a great weekend
Old 12-02-2005, 03:17 PM

trophyhuntr,,, your being a hypocrite for telling us not to be politicalwhen now you are being political???

you confused be brother!
Old 12-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

He doesn't even know if "official sunset" time is geographically correct at that place.
Sunset in Alabama on 12/2/05 was at 4:40pm which I looked up before my original post. As I also said in that post that is 35 minutes later that he shot at the deer!! 35 minutes after sunset is dark period whether you're from NY, Alabama, Florida, or the planet Zamunda.
Aside from that in Alabama Legal shooting hours are until "official" sunset! So whether he was geographically located in some freakish place of late illumination is really a mute point.

If that doesn't do it for ya why don't you read what I read from the poster himself.

but they were all does or at least the ones that i could see
It was about 5:15 when i shot the doe in front of me, and it is awfully dark at 5:15 in bama.
No I wasn't there. I didn't need to be there. It was 35 minutes after sunset and beyond legal shooting time.

It is kind of funny isn't it?

Old 12-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guys you have to give the devil his due ...looks like ole NY did his homework on this one ... I say take that guy out and shoot him at "offical" sunrise for shooting that doe !!

dd

Quick Reply: QUIT WHINING AND TRYING TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.