Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer transport

Old 12-02-2005, 09:35 AM

Default RE: deer transport

I bought one of those carriers that fit into my 2" trailer hitch on my Tahoe and love it. Just make sure to wrap it in a tarp to conceal the deer and protect it from road grime/dirt, etc. I also carry a few bungie cords in my truck to secure the deer/tarp. Worth the money. Plus, I can use the carrier to haul bags of grass and other debris to my town dump and keep the inside of my truck clean!
Old 12-02-2005, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

you could just strap it to the grill of the jeep. Heat from the engine will rise and go through the hood. Use some ratchet straps and fasten it to the grill and bumper. Make sure you slice holes in the carcass though so air can get through the grill and your engine doesn't overheat. And as always.........be sure to take the long way to the butcher so everyone can see.
Or you can put it in the back seat, cover it with a tarp, take all hunting clothing off, clean your truck to make sure no blood/mud is on it, shave, brush your teeth, take a shower, put on loafers and dockers with a nice sweater around your neck and swear to God if anyone askes that you have golf clubs, or tennis rackets under the tarp.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Big deep breath

or

You can strap a set on and be what you are. A hunter. A man making no excuses for what you do and love

Old 12-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

FINALLY!! Now I finally understand it. Thanks Gus. It's a "manly" thing. I got it now. I see the whole golf=sissy thing = not a man=not a hunter. Very enlightening concept. Did you come up with that all by yourself?
Old 12-02-2005, 01:25 PM

the jeep has a rear exhaust. will that mess the deer up? no less then a 15 minute drive. would a tarp save it?
Old 12-03-2005, 06:31 PM

I have had my hitch hauler for about 4 years and love it. The exhaust on my cherokee has done nothing to the meat.I also throw one of those big rubbermaid totes on there when I go camping.That way my border collie has room to move around a little better. If you can wait watch the sale papers. Got mine at Farm n Fleet in illinois on sale for 39.99. One of the best 40 bucks I ever spent.
I just wish they still made the cherokee.
Nathan
Old 12-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have one on my jeep and can switch it to the back of my pick-up. I hjave a large Rubbermade Tote which I haul the deer in when I have a long way to haul them. This keeps the dirt and stuff off and if it warm, I can put ice in it as well. It will hold at least three deer if they are processed. Its also lower than trying to lift them into the back of my pick-up and it keeps them off the carpet in the jeep.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:09 AM

ORIGINAL: footofthehills

I have had my hitch hauler for about 4 years and love it. The exhaust on my cherokee has done nothing to the meat.I also throw one of those big rubbermaid totes on there when I go camping.That way my border collie has room to move around a little better. If you can wait watch the sale papers. Got mine at Farm n Fleet in illinois on sale for 39.99. One of the best 40 bucks I ever spent.
I just wish they still made the cherokee.
Nathan
my mom works for a jeep dealership, and she said they are coming out with several new models.