Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best way to transport a bow on a AVT? >

Best way to transport a bow on a AVT?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best way to transport a bow on a AVT?

Old 03-13-2003, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Best way to transport a bow on a AVT?

I' m just curious the best ways to, or best products to buy, to transport your bow when going in on a ATV. Soft case...Hard case...mount on front, side, back........what do you guys recomend?

thanks

Old 03-13-2003, 08:09 PM

Default RE: Best way to transport a bow on a AVT?

I use a really cool and innovative way to carry my bow while on the ATV, a hold it in MY HANDS or Lap. Seriously though, I' m scared to transport it any other way. If I' m holding it, it can move freely up and down with the terrain without any sudden movements.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:35 PM

I use a sling and carry it across my back.
Old 03-13-2003, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a rack hold down type. I was also very concerned, but found this one to hold my bow very secure to the front rack. It doesn' t bounce at all, and my bow doesn' t rest up against the rack itself. Only the very tips of each limb end & string touches the rack. I can' t recall the name of it, but seen it in Atv sections of Bass Pro & Cabelas. It secures it by adjusting the length of the strap onto a hook using one of its many holes in strap. It has protective rubber flaps, and the secure strap tightens over them. It can also be used for a wide variety of tools.
Old 03-14-2003, 05:46 AM

HARDCASE[:-]
I' e been in some pretty tigt spots where the Hardcase is a must
AL
Old 03-14-2003, 07:32 AM

My first bowhunt for elk in Montana we had front racks for bows. First day I was following the guide and another atv at good speed and looked back to check on my buddy. Guide slammed brakes on to look at a muley and I stopped just in time to break my sights off. Another day my buddy on his three wheeler hit a bump and the rubber let go and bow went under bike and shot the arrows back when he ran over it. What a great trip to learn on. I still use a front rack but lots of bungees and very careful. A hard case would be nice and Kolpin should invent one that attaches like a gun boot. Good hunting.
Old 03-14-2003, 12:28 PM
nub

HARDCASE
ROTFLMAO!

Like Al says, bring a hard case. I use a single SKB and bungi it on the back rack with the curved or angled edge forward. I' ve been through some pretty nasty crap(some with Al along) and if your bike makes it through, so will your bow. unharmed[:-]
Old 03-14-2003, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess if you didn' t have gear box on the front rack (as I do) you could temporarily mount a hard case to the front rack. That way you just flip two latches to get to your bow. Oh my wheels are a spinning!!
I currently hold mine in my lap while it' s inside a soft case. I used to just hold it uncovered, but tired of mud getting on it.
Old 03-14-2003, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hard case and strap it down to the rear rack.
Old 03-14-2003, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve got a full size seat cushion on my rear rack. Cabela' s calls it a deluxe utility rear rack bag. It' s the kind that has the pockets on the backs and sides and they form a `U' facing the driver that helps hold the bow in it' s place. I lay my bow in front of the back pocket across the cushion with the quiver up. I then put two long bungy cords across the bow, side to side on the 4 wheeler. The bungy cords go between the stablilizer and the riser and also fits between the sights and the riser on my bow. You can use one bungy cord but I use two just in case one breaks. The cushion totally supports and cushions the bow from all vibrations.
I also carry my rifle the same way with the bungy cords going between the scope and the rifle. I' ve ridden my 4 wheeler in extremely rough conditions with my bow or rifle in that configuration and I' ve never hurt them or knocked the sights off. You do have to be carefull on a long bow or gun that you don' t swipe the side of the 4 wheelers with trees. The only thing that I carry that is a problem in that regards is my muzzleloader which has a 28 inch barrel.
I' ve not found anything better.

Quick Reply: Best way to transport a bow on a AVT?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.