Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Western PA Buck

Old 11-29-2005, 02:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Western PA Buck

nice buck!! gota love them western PA road hunters that play it legal....atleast she got out of the car before trying to shoot! lol i bet she saw it driving the road back and forth and tried to get him...what county were you in?? just wondering....he looks like our typical bucks in 2b.....i really think AR and HR is working there....i want one of them guys bad!!driving them monday we had about 10 going no joke...probably 6-7 were that size...one smaller illegal(4pt area) and 2 spikes...a bunch of unknowns...tons of does...no buckscame by me.....like 6 wereseen in the morning by the drive leader and his daughters.....his daughters kept missing...11am westarted driving with the group...i think 9 of us..first drive a group of 5 or 6 does came right to me...headshot the biggest one..only shot she gave me and i wanted her not one of the average sized ones...she was a cow...2 monsters came out of the next drive across the road from my morning stand.....i hunted that set of woods last years opener....its hit or miss....TORE up with deer sign but they mainly use it to travel and feed....and wont cross the fields that line it on all sides unless pushed out in the day time...so they are either there or they arent...monday they were both there!! i was across the road in the big woods waitin for them! i knew both big ones were in the area...torn between which side of the road to hunt...ended up picking the wrong side!! but they are both still alive! the guy they ran by out of the drive missed!!! 10yds in a field and he missed!.....wide open shot too....but they are alive still.......had a good day...meat in the freezer...time to hunt for one of them big ole boys.......unless dad still wants to hunt our spot way up in 1a on the saturdays...havent hunted with dad in a long while...so if he wants to go im going with him...i got 2 doe tags and will take the flinter up there....good chance for a buck up there too...if not ill hunt the farm with the crew again with the rifle for a big boy......congrats hes a dandy.....
Old 11-29-2005, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats!! Thats an excellent buck!
Old 11-29-2005, 09:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

NICEEEEEE buck ...GREAT job!

dd
Old 12-01-2005, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks everyone.

Whitetailblaster, dressed he only weighed around 115. He was not a big body deer at all. His neck and face were very skinny. Not sure if that was because of the arrow in his neck or what.

Mauser06, I was hunting in Westmoreland county. I grew up in Lower Burrell and was hunting about a 15 minute drive from there. All public property to hunt. One side of the road is posted and the area I hunt is all public ground and this buck came out of there. I knew the guys on the private land were going to drive so I thought I would go back to my morning stand and hope they pushed something to me. This guy came in from behind me.

The road hunters kill me. I couldn't believe how many trucks I saw driving up and down the road all morning. Same ones, over and over. Probably the same guys complaining about the lack of deer and big bucks.

Good luck to you. Where about are you hunting???