Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 another picture of the rack that was stolen >

another picture of the rack that was stolen

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

another picture of the rack that was stolen

Old 11-29-2005, 12:47 PM

Default RE: another picture of the rack that was stolen

That sucks real bad... hope it is recovered.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

that sucks, I wouldn't beleive a person would do that just to get a rack! [:@]
Old 11-30-2005, 09:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Awesome rack...I really feel for ya. One of the best racks I've ever seen
Old 11-30-2005, 11:11 AM

I would like some more facts shorty! Did you leave a down payment, most taxidermist will not even start without one. Did you follow up a year later, it is his responsiblilty to contact you, but after a year I would've tracked him down. It's been four years, even if he has it, it might be legally his by now, andhe can probably charge you all kinds of storage fees and stuff. You would be suprised athow many people don't pick up mounts so I would deffinetly get in touch with him, one to one, before draggin his name threw thedirt!!
Go Get Your Buck!!!
Old 11-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Spike

dave, no i didnt give him a deposit. i paid in full! i gave him the cape with a 24" neck which he promptly sold on ebay for over 200 dollars. and i did check in with him. he had moved so i called him after tracking his number down and he told me he would call me back and didnt. since then he hasnt answered a call. I also had a local taxidermist who got ahold of him for me and told him that i wanted my rack back and he told him he would ship it to him and he never did. i am in no way at fault in any way for him taking off with my rack! i have since been informed that he sells alot of stuff on ebay and I am just hoping he didnt sell my rack. all i want is my antlers back. how could he charge storage fees for something he wont give back? I still have the same phone number as i did back then and he has NEVER called me. If he called me today I would make arrangements to pay to have my antlers shipped to me.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:49 PM

Now that I have the facts I feel for you man! I have been so nervous from your post I've called my taxidermist twice this week. I'm using a new taxi to change up my mounts a little, he is highly recomended though. Good luck on catching him, get out there and tag another!
Old 12-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Spike

noone on here is fro the ironwood area? if anyone can help with getting ahold of this guy i would appreciate it alot!!
Old 12-05-2005, 10:47 AM

best thing to do.. call the cops out there.. have them meet him.. he will answer
Old 12-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, call the sheriff or local conversation officer. They'll get a answer at least one way or the other.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Natalie

best thing to do.. call the cops out there.. have them meet him.. he will answer
I know the laws differ in each state but let me tell you a story that happend here in Alabama that might help you. I worked for a car dealership for several years in Tuscumbia Alabama. The store has a lot of deer hunters and on inparticular was fairly notorious for wacking anything that walked ..he worked in the service department. There was one morning when he went hunting before work and when he showed up for work he had a MONSTER 8pt strapped to his 4 wheeler. He came in and naturally started telling everyone the story as to how he killed this monster buck .. I mean the story was very good and he told it in detail ... after admiring his trophy I went back up front ... about 2 hrs later there were two police cars AND a Game Warden that pulled up... they proceed to go back into the shop and about 10 min later they were leading this tech out in handcuffs ... they loaded his trophy in the back of the Gw's truck and left ... well to make a long story short this is what REALLY happened ... he had hunted that morning ..he had heard a shot and decided to check it out ( they were on public land ) ...as he road up and old field road he found a hunter trying to drag the buck out so he stopped ...asked if the hunter would like for him to carry the deer out on his 4 wheeler... they where about a half mile away from the trucks so the hunter said yes and the guy put the buck on his 4 wheeler and proceeded to steal it ... just so happend someone at the nearest gas station saw this buck on the backhistruck ..and after hearing someone else tell what had happened he called the GW and told him who he thought had stolen the buck ...he was arrested and charged with grand theft ... I bet the same thing would be true for this Taxie ... anything over the value of $100.00 is grand theft and you said he sold just the cape for $200.00 ... I would file a warrent agenst him ...just a thought!

dd

Quick Reply: another picture of the rack that was stolen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.