HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - another picture of the rack that was stolen
Old 12-05-2005, 11:06 AM
DoctorDeath
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: another picture of the rack that was stolen

ORIGINAL: Natalie

best thing to do.. call the cops out there.. have them meet him.. he will answer
I know the laws differ in each state but let me tell you a story that happend here in Alabama that might help you. I worked for a car dealership for several years in Tuscumbia Alabama. The store has a lot of deer hunters and on inparticular was fairly notorious for wacking anything that walked ..he worked in the service department. There was one morning when he went hunting before work and when he showed up for work he had a MONSTER 8pt strapped to his 4 wheeler. He came in and naturally started telling everyone the story as to how he killed this monster buck .. I mean the story was very good and he told it in detail ... after admiring his trophy I went back up front ... about 2 hrs later there were two police cars AND a Game Warden that pulled up... they proceed to go back into the shop and about 10 min later they were leading this tech out in handcuffs ... they loaded his trophy in the back of the Gw's truck and left ... well to make a long story short this is what REALLY happened ... he had hunted that morning ..he had heard a shot and decided to check it out ( they were on public land ) ...as he road up and old field road he found a hunter trying to drag the buck out so he stopped ...asked if the hunter would like for him to carry the deer out on his 4 wheeler... they where about a half mile away from the trucks so the hunter said yes and the guy put the buck on his 4 wheeler and proceeded to steal it ... just so happend someone at the nearest gas station saw this buck on the backhistruck ..and after hearing someone else tell what had happened he called the GW and told him who he thought had stolen the buck ...he was arrested and charged with grand theft ... I bet the same thing would be true for this Taxie ... anything over the value of $100.00 is grand theft and you said he sold just the cape for $200.00 ... I would file a warrent agenst him ...just a thought!

dd