Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

do you feel bad?

Old 11-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default do you feel bad?

when you kill a deer do you feel bad. I know i feel bad. I dont start crying or anything. You took its life it was a living thing that you out smarted. I thanked God for what I kill. Deer are such beautiful graceful creatures. The only thing makes me feel better is that I will have something to eat and I am keeping the deer population in line. I am sorry for being a emotional but I got a button buck the other day I thought it was doe. I feel bad that its life was so short.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:36 AM

Default RE: do you feel bad?

Every time I deliberately kill an animal, even a dove,I feel a little sad about it.

Old 11-24-2005, 12:12 PM

i guess if i stop and think about it your right, except for big boy, their hard to kill as it is,all i think is yea,and give thanks to the good lord above for the opportiunty.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep ..the doe I shot yesterday had I itto have to do over again I would have passed ...I did feel bad about it ...

dd
Old 11-24-2005, 12:27 PM

I don't feel bad one bit. My family loves venison and we eat everything we kill. I am grateful to God for giving me wonderful creatures to pursue and eat.

The only time I feel bad is when I hear about all the immature bucks shot by experienced hunters in this forum. THAT makes me want to cry.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:29 PM

You shouldn't ever feel bad harvesting a deer. Actually your helping them with every tag that is filled. The only time I've ever felt bad is on a non lethal shot. That's why you take your time to sight in your weapon and practice. As long as it gets eaten your doing the right thing!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2005, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Never do I feel bad about harvesting what the Lord has provided. The only remorse I ever feel is if I hit one bad and it suffers unnecessarily or if I accidently harvest a spike instead of a doe.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:32 PM

The only time I feel bad is when I hear about all the immature bucks shot by experienced hunters in this forum. THAT makes me want to cry
do you need tissue ; if a person experenced or not takes an animal really old 5, 6 , years old or young 1 1/2 years old, is there on choise.some people have no choise but to take young bucks because if they didn't they would never get to take a deer of any age.it all depends on where they hunt.
we have enough anti's hitting us with everything they have now , much less one of our own hitting us because we don't feel the way you do.thats what the anti's arehollering about now,we don't think and feel the way they do.
if it is legal and a guy wants to take a spike or a fork horn then that there choise,who am I to tell them they are wrong.[][][] [8D] [8D]

bad,no ; greatful , yes.I am truely grateful for each and every animal I harvest.

just my 2 cents worth ; there 98 more out there. JMHO.[8D][&:][]
Old 11-24-2005, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I only feel bad if I make a bad shot and cause the animal unneccessary suffering. Otherwise, I feel good about being able to take advantage of what the Good Lord has put out there for us. As far as taking a young doe or buck as opposed to a mature one, I guess that's up to the individual hunter. I don't judge a hunter by the size of the antlers on the buck he kills. I'm always thankful for what comes my way whether I shoot it or not.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

for the most part i'm too happy to feel bad but i always take a moment out to "God Bless" the animal and say thank you to both God and the critter....two times i've felt bad, on my first deer cause she turned locked eyes and then died where she stood, the other was a button buck that i thought was a doe....i cried when i first realized what i did but by the time it was hanging on the gambrel i was fine.

Quick Reply: do you feel bad?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.