Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

do you feel bad?

Old 11-24-2005, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: do you feel bad?

I think most hunter feel gratitude to the animals in which they harvest. This can beconstrued as sorrow depending on how emotional the indidivual it is but I think it is nothing more the utmost respect and a way to thank that animal. Personally I am in awe with the animals I hunt, I love seeing them, being with them,pursuing themand of course eating them. Each harvest has a special place in my memory bank but never have I felt bad. The only ones that bother me as wellare the poor decisions on my part where things didn't go as I had planned.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:20 PM

When i kill an animal i really don't feel bad. When i go tag my game i take in the beauty of the animal and thank god for such a wonderful creature. My family eats atleast 2 deer a year. We donate the third one to the church for the venison dinner. I dont feel bad after taking the animal... i would definately feel terrible not just bad if the game was not being eaten.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:20 PM

Yes I agree with what Skeeter said. I love watching them as well. Sometimes it is surreal to see how majestic and beautiful they are. Also how they move through the woods amazes the crap out of me! They are so big, but yet, they hardly make a sound!
Old 11-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think bad is the word for the way I feel when I harvest one of God's creatures. I feel fortunate - as if I am sharing a bountiful feast with the Lord Himself. I always say prayers before and after every hunt. It is a wonderful way to open and close every experience in His wonderful outdoors, don't you all think. And of course I pray to give thanks for any harvest.

In His book, it is written, something like this..........

"Take thy quiver and take thy bow and share in the bounty...."

Or something like that. Maybe someone can quote the script better than I. I certainly believe that Chuck 7 could be more accurate than I.

But don't feel bad - feel blessed and thankful. Share your harvests with those less fortunate.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:16 AM

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

I think most hunter feel gratitude to the animals in which they harvest. This can beconstrued as sorrow depending on how emotional the indidivual it is but I think it is nothing more the utmost respect and a way to thank that animal. Personally I am in awe with the animals I hunt, I love seeing them, being with them,pursuing themand of course eating them. Each harvest has a special place in my memory bank but never have I felt bad. The only ones that bother me as wellare the poor decisions on my part where things didn't go as I had planned.

Gratitude is definitly the perferct word to explain my feelings.Big or small.

Actually skeeter 7MM your whole post describes me to a "T". Might as well just close this thread now!!

Drew.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I truely feel bad if the deer is shot poorly(rarely). Normally a quick kill makes me feel extremely thankful for the opportunity to harvest the animal. I'll say a few words of thanks and make sure the animal is properly cared for and begin the real work.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

No I don't feel bad about killing an animal! As others have well said, hunting is really about population control. Limits are set to keep deer at healthy numbers, so we are doing the herd a favor. I feel very bad about a poor shot, when an animal suffers needlessly! When you think of all the ways to die in this world, a bullet to the heart, is not really a bad way to go!
And if theres still any doubt, remember the Lord gave the world, and the animal kingdom to man to subdue!
Old 11-25-2005, 08:31 AM
Typical Buck

I also feel gratitude when I harvest an animal. When I do feel sad is when I see the deer lying on the side of the road hit by vehicles and those that had poor shots on them. While I was hunting this year, I came across what would have been a monster next year. He was a year and a half old buck, really tall and wide with a bunch of "junk" on the bottom of his rack. He had to be shot on the first weekend and I stumbled across him on the second weekend of the season. Coyotes pretty much took care of him, but you could definitely tell that he was shot.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Genesis 9:2-3
The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every bird of the air, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea; into your hand they are delivered. Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you; and as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:06 AM

I sorta felt bad after I got my first buck because it was only a 4 pointer. In the future I will be a little more selective, but I've been hunting a good 4 years and this was my first buck. I've never felt bad about killing an animal that was hunted and harvested for meat.

Quick Reply: do you feel bad?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.