Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How do you load a deer in the truck yourself? >

How do you load a deer in the truck yourself?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you load a deer in the truck yourself?

Old 11-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How do you load a deer in the truck yourself?

Ok, if you have a pickup with the little hooks on the inside, just inside the tailgate, it is pretty easy. You only need about 25 foot of rope. Tie one end of the rope through the rear hocks, loop the other end through one of the hooks in the bed, pull the deer up so that the back end is on the tailgate, then tie off the rope to hold the deer there, leaving the rope intact. Take the other end, run it around somewhere on the front of the deer, and tie it to the deer, then run the loose end through the loop on the other side of the bed, pull the front end up, tie it off, hop in the bed, and pull the deer the rest of the way in. Takes 5 minutes and is easy.

Want a real challenge, get a whole elk in the back of a truck, lol. My dad and I did it this year with my cow, like I mentioned. It was quitea chore, but we got it done, reminds me that deer are cake, lol.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:32 PM

i tie a rope to the horns, hop up in the bed pull it up until you get a grip on the horns , it will almost slid op in the bed , these are average n.y. bucks though 130 pound or so.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

When i was about 12 me and my dad had to throw a huge pregnant deer into the back of our work truck S-10. Well i got in the back and since i wasnt that strong grabbed on to the back legs and pulled while my dad grabbed and lifted it in. My dad wasnt huge but should be. He is strong as hell. This was before my paretns got divorced. On my first deer weight about 180 grabbed it by all four legs lifted it up to his chest and gently set it down over a barb wire fence. Thats strong my friends. But he told me to throw it into the bed of the truck. I was 13 i think. I put my heels in the little gap of the bed and the tail gait when the tail gait is folded down grabbed the back legs. and did a squat but like at a angle so i pulled in about half of it got my grip lower with one arm and got my grip lower with the other. Did another squat like reverse way and pulled it the rest of the way in. Quite easy. Just use your legs. O yeah and the pregnant doe just got hit infront of my house. We fired our pistol in the stomach of it and killed the babys cause the mom was already dead and they were moving in the stomach.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Go to a hardware store...buy a 250 pound rachet pulley...secure to a tree limb with a rope...tie rope to deer...tie other end to truck bumper and pull deer up...untie rope and drive truck bed under deer...release pulley and lower deer into truck....I buy the 3/8 rope size and buy a 25 foot piece of rope as the one that comes with it is only about 8 feet...
Old 11-22-2005, 01:28 PM

I had a friend one time to a rope through a deers hocks then run the rope over the top of the truck and tie it to a tree. he then simply slowly went in reverse and it pulled the deer up into the bed
Old 11-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

Usual problem for me isn't the weight butgetting a good hold on thosesacks of jelly. Easiest way is to simply cut a slit in each back leg between the haunch and the tendon. Slide the front legs through the slits, grab the deer by the legs like your lifting a basketand swing it aroundinto the truck.If you have to carry it for a little while then put sticks between the bone and tendons on the front legs to prevent them from sliding out from rear tendon slits.You can evenput your arms through the legs and wear the thing like a backpack for long distances. Hope it helps. HOWEVER, I DO NOT RECOMEND THAT YOU WEAR A DEER ON YOUR BACK UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET SHOT.

Old 11-22-2005, 01:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's exactly why I don't bother shooting the monster bucks [:-].

I usually grin and bear it and yank butt end first for dear life or I call someone to help me. I'm usually hunting where someone else is in the woods with me anyway.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

I sort of hang the antlers on the tailgate, get up on the tailgate and drag him on up in the truck. If the deer is a little too big for that I take a shovel and dig a couple of trenches for the back tires to go in and pull him in like that.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:11 PM

here is a link you might want to check out http://www.do-alloutdoors.com/accessories/kaddy.htm

I have never used the product so I don't know how well it works
Old 11-22-2005, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

as# first then head.

Quick Reply: How do you load a deer in the truck yourself?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.