Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 UPDATE: Local Landowner Stabbed By Poacher >

UPDATE: Local Landowner Stabbed By Poacher

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

UPDATE: Local Landowner Stabbed By Poacher

Old 11-17-2005, 03:08 PM

Default UPDATE: Local Landowner Stabbed By Poacher

kshunter posted about the local Kansas landowner stabbed by a poacher.

Well this just in. They caught the cowardly S.O.B today.

He will be charged with attempted FIRST DEGREE MURDER among other charges. I don't know if I am allowed to post his name on here but if I can I will.

The landowner is making a good recovery at a local hospital here in Wichita.

Old 11-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: UPDATE: Local Landowner Stabbed By Poacher

I just read that too... Here's a story with it. Great News!!!

Arrest in Clay County stabbing case
An arrest has been made in the Clay County stabbing that occurred earlier this week. 49-year-old Gene Bitler of Council Grove was taken into custody Wednesday evening. Bitler is charged with one count of attempted first degree murder, as well as charges of criminal deprivation of property, fleeing and eluding a police officer, contributing to a child's misconduct, criminal hunting, and several other fish and game violations. Bitler's bond has been set at 750-thousand dollars. The charges stem from the Sunday evening stabbing of Clay County farmer Marvin Macy, who attempted to speak with deer poachers on his property. Macy is listed in fair condition at Wesley Medical Center in Wichita. However authorities say it took several hours of surgery to rebuild his face and abdomen following the stabbing. Clay County Sheriff Chuck Dunn and County Attorney Rick James say two other individuals are being questioned concerning the crime and more arrests are expected. Dunn says Bitler's arrest was the result of several days of intensive police work, aided by Clay County residents who came forward with important details about the crime. Natural Resources Officers and KBI agents also assisted in the investigation.

Old 11-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

lol the attorneys name is rick james
Old 11-17-2005, 03:28 PM

Glad to hear that, I hope no mercy is given, that guy deserves a harsh setenece for a crime like that.