Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How'd you MI hunters do yesterday >

How'd you MI hunters do yesterday

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How'd you MI hunters do yesterday

Old 11-16-2005, 04:43 AM

Default How'd you MI hunters do yesterday

Hey

just wondering how everying up in MI did yesterday on opening day. sure wish i was there for it. My dad stalked up on and shot a doe at about 730 a.m just walking to his stand(he got a late start)
Old 11-16-2005, 06:47 AM

Default RE: How'd you MI hunters do yesterday

5 pt. buck taken in bangor at 7:50 am 11/15/05 not a huge rack be a very good buck
Old 11-16-2005, 07:14 AM

Saw a bunch of does, even have a doe permit, but was waiting to see if any bucks were trailing them. There weren't.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:34 AM

I saw 2 bucks 1@10 yds & 1@ 60 ,both of them smallish.Last night I saw 2 does and a whole bunch of rain. Today the rain turned into wind and lots of it.[:@]You haven't missed to much.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:51 AM

Saw 2 small does at 7:15 and shot an 8 pointer at 9 am. Saw 1 small doe this morning.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:43 AM

Yesturday morning I saw a little buck, then in the evening I had a doe run past me and stop about 70 yards from me and then it just kept looking back. So I look over my right shoulder to see a big ol buck go chasing another doe across the field. I never got a shot. I had to end my hunt early though. At about 4:30 it started raining so hard that I couldn't see 50 yards in front of me and I was completely soaked all the way through. Then this morning I didn't see anything, 50+mph wind gusts. The only enjoyment I had was watching the birds fly into the wind.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:34 PM

I shot a nice 7 point yesterday evening. Right after I shot it they sky opened up and the monsoon started! It ran about 60 yards and jumped a fence into the woods in front me. Obviously no blood trail because of the rain[&o].

Three of us looked in the woods for a few hours (small wooded area) in the pouring rain and pitch dark but didn't find it.

I went back this morning and it was laying right on the other side of fence. I don't know how we missed it, I bet one of us darn near tripped over it. It was raing so hard at times we could barely see though.

It should have been a 10 point, but one rack was broke from fighting. Weighed out to 140 lbs dressed.

I have pics but haven't posted them to the internet yet, I just got home a little bit ago.

My buddy shot a real nice 10 point with some kickers, I have pics of that as well.

Paul
Old 11-16-2005, 08:41 PM

Sounds like MI has been pretty good so far outside of the rain!
Old 11-16-2005, 09:17 PM

I am on my way to the UP in the am. It looks cold up there now
Old 11-16-2005, 10:25 PM

When we took ours in to get them weighed (my buddy entered a contest, I usually don't bother with it) they said they have had two that broke 200 lbs already. One was 203 lbs, and think they said the other was 250 something! I could have heard that wrong though. This in the adrian/brooklyn area, near MIS speedway.

Paul

Quick Reply: How'd you MI hunters do yesterday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.