Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stabbed in the Back!!!!!! >

Stabbed in the Back!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stabbed in the Back!!!!!!

Old 12-02-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Stabbed in the Back!!!!!!

I have been good friends with this preson for about a year now we have hunted alot
he was going to be on your upcoming dvd this year untill i got a call from some one that seid that he was hunting land of mine with out me he took two or three guys on it to gun hunt i was saving it for a close freind of mine and for me becuse i have not got a buck with a bow yet[][:-] so i call him and tell him to get off!!!!! he calls back and lies to about what the owner sied he sied that the owner told him that he had not talked to me in a week and i had just talked to him the day b4 he also so told me that the land owner told him that he can hunt when the land owner told him to ask me becuse i lease the land!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the man is mad at me ( I could care less) and i have the land to myself
Old 12-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Stabbed in the Back!!!!!!

Yeah, I know what it's like to be back stabbed. I now pick whom I'm close to very carefully. Backstabbing will NEVER get anyone ahead in life but it will come back to haunt said person. Backstabbers are low lifes in my book.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: hnt24.7

I have been good friends with this preson for about a year now we have hunted alot
he was going to be on your upcoming dvd this year untill i got a call from some one that seid that he was hunting land of mine with out me he took two or three guys on it to gun hunt i was saving it for a close freind of mine and for me becuse i have not got a buck with a bow yet[][:-] so i call him and tell him to get off!!!!! he calls back and lies to about what the owner sied he sied that the owner told him that he had not talked to me in a week and i had just talked to him the day b4 he also so told me that the land owner told him that he can hunt when the land owner told him to ask me becuse i lease the land!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the man is mad at me ( I could care less) and i have the land to myself
I am an "Authorized " distributor of "Whoop Ass", based on your story, it sounds as though this so-called friend of yours needs a good dose of some. Let me know if I can assist!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 01:43 PM

Man! That sucks, some people just have no respect for others.. But hey, if you need to fill his spot, Id love to hunt Kansas and make a new dvd, and I wont hunt there without you.. lol just kidding. People like that are the reason no one trusts anyone anymore.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Typical Buck

thats a sorry guy, needs to think if it was his land and someone did that to him
Old 12-02-2007, 01:58 PM

Just like when a family member dies, you get to know just how many friends/relatives you have. That really bites. Sorry to hear that happen. If people would learn to put others ahead of themselves, you wouldn't have that problem. Not to worry, though. In the end those types end up getting it paid back to them tenfold. I got one of your videos at the HNI meet last yr. I expect to see you guys on OLN some day. Nice video.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

their is plenty of deer running around for everyone to shoot at Relax Guys...i have my own land but..... you know what if someone poaches/trespasses oh well...some guys have to feed their familys...id tell them to ask first nextime. As far as your friend, your not his friend anymore because he went hunting without you? why did you take him out their in the first place if your so uptight about it? dont get me wrong he should have asked someone...but you brought him into the deal to begin with....sorry but you can onlyblame yourself for your headache....and it might cost you your lease next year..

Old 12-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hate backstabbers!
Old 12-02-2007, 02:56 PM

I could see your friend thinking he could hunt the land, being friends and such. A courtesy call would have been nice. Bringing outsiders into your lease without permission is a stab in the back for sure, unless your friend helped pay for the lease. It does not sound like it. A one time incursion is not the end of the world.

Maybe you should educate your friend on hunting etiquette.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:58 PM

I've had some similar problems with people at my old hunting lease before I joined the Army. There were issues over the land rights, and some people i trusted with the key tothe leaseso they could get to the property adjacent to us trashed our stands wrecked our food plots.

Quick Reply: Stabbed in the Back!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.