Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cover Scent

Old 11-12-2005, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default Cover Scent

Hey guys,
For walking, would you recommend a cover scent, or something like a doe esterus? I was thinking about puttng some on the bottoms of my boots incase a buck smelt me, but also to cover my scent when i sit.

Also, what brands have you found work well inthepast?

Thanks
Old 11-12-2005, 08:19 PM

Default RE: Cover Scent

I like to use a scent killer ( I want no scent ) on my self. I do lay out a scent line near my stand 50 to 100 yards long. Meaning I lay scent bombs/tampons with doe esterus about 10 yards apart. I had good luck with ColdBlue and I will use tinks69 also. I pick up the scent bombs when I leave,placing them in a zip lock bag, untill I need them again. I don't leave my scent line out, I want a buck to check it out when I there. I know there will be residual scent left behind, hopefully he will want to check it out again, when he gets a good strong wiff, the next time I put my line out..
Old 11-12-2005, 08:48 PM

Default RE: Cover Scent

their are tons of these on the market, mainly use tinks or the urine from a doe or buck i've killed.cover scent are good,or you'll get busted,use something natural, or that will make them curious,as far as using doe estrus scent, be careful. big boy has been known to attack.use those bombers like little magum described, i use a drag when using the estrus scent. has worked pretty good in the past.