Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

slow start to gun season...

Old 11-12-2005, 03:24 PM

Default slow start to gun season...

Wind was really squirrely so I changed stands once. I was usung Code Blue estrus and a Primos estrus can. During the hiatus between stands, I did go drill a Canada goose for Thanksgiving. Anyway, I went to this other stand and after half an hour hear rustling leaves behind me. Sure enough, out runs a fat doe and as I had get a bead on he about to put her down, a small fawn runs out too. I passed on that shot. Anyway I knocked off at 4:30. Another bright note to the day was seeing a beaver cut a small maple and watch them try and dam up a nonexsisient spillover. Silly beavers. Oh well, there's always next time. Gotta fill that freezer though!
Old 11-12-2005, 03:46 PM

Default RE: slow start to gun season...

Hang in there the rut is just around the corner. We caught a 4X4 buck standing in an alfalfa field to day looking for love and not concerned about us even though we were on ATV's. Lucky for him our season is over or I am sure my son would have sorted him out.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:56 PM

my son and i went out today, didnt see anything. So i guess slow is everywhere and not just here. tomorrow-tomorrow-tomorrow
Old 11-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Due to work, I've only hunted one day, and that was after working nights at that!
It was windy, and hot but, I managed to have 4 does come out, even with the windy conditions. I started to pass, and wait for a buck, using the does for bait, but I figured that I won't be getting to hunt much at all before doe season ends, so I put a nice doe in the freezer! So, whatever I get to hunt the rest of the season, I'll be looking for the big boy!
Hang in there guys, it may turn out to be a good season after all!