Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bad start to the season >

Bad start to the season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad start to the season

Old 09-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bad start to the season

This season isn't starting off too great. I went out Saturday and found that one of my stands was stolen and approx a week ago I had my Moultrie Game Cam stolen.The stand was still there approx 2 weeks ago, so I assume that the same person stole my camera that stole my stand. They were approx 400 yards apart. If there is a bright side to this story, I think I found out where the person came from. The stand was about 30 yards from an adjoining property line. So, I assume that someone was walking the other properties fenceline and spotted my stand and decided to help themselves to it. Then they must have walked the field edge the 400 yards till they spotted my feeding station. They must have went over to check it out and spotted my Game Cam and decided to help themselves to it as well. [:@]

Well I calledmy property owner and told him about both instances. My property owner is currentlycalling the adjoining property owner to see if he's leasing his property to anybody new this year and if so, who they are.He said he'd call me and let me know who it is and any other info he gets. I'mglad that my landowner is on myside and is really concerned about trespassers.It's really strange to me, becausewe've never had any problems the last threeyears and then all of a sudden a cameraand stand get stolen at the same time. My stand hung in that same tree all of last season without any problems. I doubt I catch them but I hope that with any help from the adjoining property owner I'll at least put a little fear of being caught in them, and maybe the other property owner won't lease to them anymore. Looks like I'll be posting that fenceline this weekend.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bad start to the season

Good luck and I hope you do and I also hope you either hammer them with the law, or personal fix the situation your self.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:02 PM

I hope your feeder is really secured or that you took it before the thief did. That really sucks, but you at least have one heck of a landowner in that guy. Man, for him to take control of the situation and be proactive is awesome! I am sure the other property owner/neighbor is just like him and they will get to the bottom of this for ya.

Really stinks that there are people out there like that!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can't believe that somebody would do that... what is wrong w/ people?!

Old 09-19-2006, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would put up a new stand and set and watch to see if you could catch them in the act. Some people just don't get it.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

That SUCKS John Deer![:@] I hope who ever stole that stand, falls the hell out of it!
Old 09-19-2006, 03:18 PM

I hate thieves, and I hope you some how get some justice. Its unfortunate that there are plenty of people that just put themselves above all others and think they can take what they want.