Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

YES!!!

Old 11-10-2005, 07:41 PM

Default YES!!!

An old friend is letting me xbow hunt his property in Loudoun, Va. They have one of the highest deer populations in the state. He lives on a mountain (sorry I can't disclose) that borders W. Va. with the Appalachian Trail about a mile behind his house! There's a chance I might even see an Elk, if so I tag it like a deer.I'm pumped, I'mgoing to sit in my treestand all day with a big pee bottle! In 03' I harvested a monsternine point there(pic below), I waitedin my stand for 6 hours, andno one hunted it lastyear.
Thanks, just wanted to share!
Big Buck Dave

Old 11-10-2005, 07:44 PM

Default RE: YES!!!

Good deal ya got there, make sure you take a big one.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:07 PM

Sounds like a plan. Post up with results. Good luck!
Old 11-11-2005, 09:09 AM

I hope you get a big one..
Old 11-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Best of luck and be safe!
Old 11-11-2005, 03:17 PM

Good luck to you an be safe....hope you get the big one!!
Old 11-11-2005, 07:54 PM

Go get em!
Old 11-12-2005, 12:02 AM
Fork Horn

Hopefully your waite will be less than six hours this time. Good Luck!!
Old 11-12-2005, 04:41 PM

Well today sucked!!! I drove all the way to loudoun looking foward to a good hunt. I had gotten the O.K. the day before but when I got there the gate was locked. I called him and he said he had been argueing with his wife all morning about me hunting. Turns out she has been watching them in the backyard. Damn, if you want a pet get a cat or a dog. I saw a dozen dead deerin the roadon the way up there. People need to realize yes deer are awesome to watch and have around but they NEED to be harvested. I like watching them too and I wasn't intending on killing Bambi(I've already got 5). Maybe Va.should use the off-duty police/snipers more often who go to your local state parks at night with spotlights and silenced weapons, moe them down and then pile the bodies up for the park workers to bury. Yes this happens all the time, my friendworked at Pohick Park and had to useback-hoe to bury the bodies they left! Is this what you want you anti-hunting @#$#@% your deer to bemassecred and left to rot bacause that's whats going to happen. More people should let hunters on there property to control there deernumbers here in N. Va.! Anyways, he's going to let me hunt it while she's at work and when they go on vacation.
Good Luck