Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 hunting up north..should i go? >

hunting up north..should i go?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunting up north..should i go?

Old 11-11-2005, 08:59 PM

Default hunting up north..should i go?

ok i live in NC and i love deerhunting. but the thing is my gf wants me to go w/ her and her parents uptoNYfor thanksgiving where her grandparents live. i dont want to do cause i dont wanna miss any hunting time on our farm. they live on a farm to...her dads hunts up there every year. all he got last year was a doe. my question is what is the deer population in lower NY like? if im gonna go i got to hunt. are the deer bigger there then in NC? if so, will they be in rut? what kind of place do i need to look for to hang my stand? i wont have but one afternoon to scout. what should i do? if its not worth it ill just stay in NC and go when the season is out.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:06 PM

Default RE: hunting up north..should i go?

If you have already put the time in and scouted your area out id just hunt the land i know...
Old 11-11-2005, 11:38 PM

Our deer are much bigger in N.Y. Where abouts in N.Y. are you going to be hunting
Old 11-12-2005, 06:33 AM

The most important thing is that you'll be hunting in either place.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Is the price of a out of state license worth just a day or two of hunting for you?
As you grow older you will come to appreciate more the time you can spend with your relatives at times like Thanksgiving. Too often the only time some younger people have with their older relatives is at their funeral, if they even go then.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you don’t go you wont know.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

im not sure if the rut would still be going but i live in michigan and the ruts usually over by then. but you never know it might be fun to hunt some where you havent hunted before
Old 11-12-2005, 08:00 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

Is the price of a out of state license worth just a day or two of hunting for you?

Delete

Old 11-12-2005, 08:03 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Born2Killdeer

ok i live in NC and i love deerhunting. but the thing is my gf wants me to go w/ her and her parents uptoNYfor thanksgiving where her grandparents live. i dont want to do cause i dont wanna miss any hunting time on our farm. they live on a farm to...her dads hunts up there every year. all he got last year was a doe. my question is what is the deer population in lower NY like? if im gonna go i got to hunt. are the deer bigger there then in NC? if so, will they be in rut? what kind of place do i need to look for to hang my stand? i wont have but one afternoon to scout. what should i do? if its not worth it ill just stay in NC and go when the season is out.

Do you have to have an out-of state gun permit and non-resident license, just for two days?
Old 11-12-2005, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

Go! The time you spend with family will be more important, especially if you really like this girl. You get to hunt and earn yourself some points. Besides, next time she wants you to go shopping, you can play your cards. Go, you may score... on a deer, and be the talk of the family.

Quick Reply: hunting up north..should i go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.