Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Shot a White Hooved Doe? is this normal? >

Shot a White Hooved Doe? is this normal?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shot a White Hooved Doe? is this normal?

Old 11-06-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Shot a White Hooved Doe? is this normal?

Yesterday i shot a white hooved doe but it is weird because she almost seemed like she was some kind of super deer. i shot her with a muzzleloader from 50 Yrd in the guts she ran for about 400 yards and stoped to bleed because her insides were hanging out. when i went to find her i jumped her about 1 1/2 after i shot her the blood trail was massive. she then layed back down and i found her a second time, i then loaded another round into my 50 cal. and shot her in the neck. she got up and ran another 20 yrds layed there breathing and looking around. then i had my buddy go to the truck to grab another round of powder. mind that i am using 223, powerbelts. i put a 3rd round into her head and that finished her. but when i got her out of the woods i noticed that she had one hoove that was pure white, kinda like our nails. then she had one on her back leg that was striped black and white(clear) has anyone every experienced anything like this and if so please comment or email [email protected] thanks for looking.
vahunter05
Old 11-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shot a White Hooved Doe? is this normal?

Intresting. I don't know why that would happen.I got a buck once that was mule footed, meaning it didn't have a split hoof as deer normally have. You figure?

Bobby
Old 11-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a deer about 10 years ago that was a parrot beek, big overbite, It was shot by te guy next to me and then I shot it and and it kept on going to the next guy who did finish it off. From the first person to where it died was about 500 yards away. I was told that the deer was in pain its whole life from its condition, probibly imbreeding caused, and that is why it took several shots to kill. I do not know if it is true but it had a dis-colored leg and short front legs andlike I said earlier a parrot beek.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

it might be a gene mutaion which could happen from inbreeding a chemical in the water or maybe some kind of radtion my be from the depsits in the ground but i would make sure i got a pic or two of that
Old 11-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Seen it before ,just a freaky gene pool
Old 11-06-2005, 06:13 PM

I've never witnessed anything like that in my life. I would definitely assume there's something messed up with the genetics!
Old 11-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

then she had one on her back leg that was striped black and white(clear) has anyone every experienced anything like this
This I have seen on more than one occasion. Don't know what causes it, nor have I really given it much thought or investigation.

The entire white hoof I have never seen or heard of though.

i then loaded another round into my 50 cal. and shot her in the neck. she got up and ran another 20 yrds layed there breathing and looking around.
This is why I don't like neck shots, small target, with small margin of errorand if you don't hit it your left with a wounded/suffering animal.

it is weird because she almost seemed like she was some kind of super deer
Well lets see #1 in the guts, #2 in the meat of the neck and #3 the kill shot to the noggin'. Super Deer eh...well if you say so.

Glad you got her and you have a unique hoof to show all your buds.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cardeer

Seen it before ,just a freaky gene pool
I wouldn't go to that pool anymore.