Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone hunt in Maine??

Old 10-07-2002, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone hunt in Maine??

My dad just got married a year ago, and we are going to hunt his new in-laws property in Maine. I am real pumped to go, but everything I've been hearing about it is that it is almost impossible to get a buck. Anyone got any input?

Old 10-12-2002, 08:33 PM

Default RE: Anyone hunt in Maine??

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
My dad just got married a year ago, and we are going to hunt his new in-laws property in Maine. I am real pumped to go, but everything I've been hearing about it is that it is almost impossible to get a buck. Anyone got any input?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>i hunt there you have to do a lot of scouting and find some good scape lines or rub lines and be patientand dont smoke and be quiet as a church mouse . here`s a tip go along rivers and find good runs that there using ok
Old 10-14-2002, 08:49 AM
Spike

Where are you hunting? It's not impossible to get a buck but like was said you need to scout. I harvested a solid mature buck during rifle season last year but it took me 2 weeks of very hard patient work to get him figured out. This year I have taken a seven point in velvet with my bow same thing a lot of work. The population varies throughout the state as does the pressure and land availability. Hunt the rut and if you get snow call in sick. Good Luck.

&quot;Some people go through life wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem&quot; Ronald Reagan
Old 10-14-2002, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

I first hunted Maine when I was 16...I shot a spike my first year! Sixteen years later I still make the November trip..My biggest to date was 207lb 9pt. I have seen some monsters up there. Deer densities depend on the area. Its not impossible to get a buck. The woods are nothing like NJ. You walk in 5yds, turn around and you cant see where you just walked in!.