Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Red Dot problem - please help! >

Red Dot problem - please help!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Red Dot problem - please help!

Old 10-27-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Red Dot problem - please help!

I have used my Red Dot by Millett for the past two deer seasons and have a major problem. The dot is nice and bright when the gun is warm but when I'm hunting in the cold (40 degrees or less) the dot slowly diminishes to almost nothing, even on the brightest setting. I have used about three brand new batteries without any improvements. I am using energizer lithium as instructed. Is the Red Dot junk or is there a better battery?
Old 10-27-2005, 07:19 PM

Default RE: Red Dot problem - please help!

I would suggest contacting Millett, and find out what they have to say. Good luck
Old 10-28-2005, 03:57 PM

Default RE: Red Dot problem - please help!

don't turn it on until you are ready to fire. they all have a short battery if you leave them out in the cold temps.. dot scopes are not designed for cold weather use. batteries and the cold do not mix.