Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 ONE BIG BUCK OR SEVERAL SMALL ONES? >

ONE BIG BUCK OR SEVERAL SMALL ONES?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ONE BIG BUCK OR SEVERAL SMALL ONES?

Old 10-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ONE BIG BUCK OR SEVERAL SMALL ONES?

ORIGINAL: tschaef

Where I am I get the worst of both worlds, 1 tag (lottery system to see if we're allowed to take a doe), and the big bucks are far and few between (my 130 is the biggest deer taken out of our camp in5 yrs).
We can buy additional tags for a few areas but they are archery only. Granted, I could use my one tag in Dryden where the monsters are, but thats a 20 hour drive (Ontario is a really big place!).
Wow Ts sounds like your in a 3rd world country or Iowa even ...man that just KILLS my groove to think I could only shoot one buck !

ROLL TIDE
DD

Old 10-25-2005, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

We only get one buck tag in Kentucky but can kill from 3 to unlimited does. I would hate to hunt in a state that I didn't have much of a chance at a big buck. I will take one big buck to several small ones any day. If I want to put meat in the freezer then I kill does.I just don't see the thrill of shooting a bunch of young bucks unless maybe you have never hunting very much. If a good mature buck doesn'tgive mea shot then I will not use my one buck tag.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

WHICH BRINGS ME TO THIS QUESTION ...WHEN YOU GOING TO TAKE OL'E DOC HUNTING WITH YOU ;&gt)
DD, it's hard to take a guest when you are one[&o], if that makes sense, when we went to do our food plots at the land we had leased, the widow (BTW did i mention she is a fruitcake)of the man that had owned the land has decided that no one is going to be hunting the property, we where on a year to year lease, if i ever have something like this again i'll be going for a five or ten year lease with first right of refusal, sonowi will be trying to find something to get in for next year, i would like to stay in our little corner of the world but may join somethin in south or central bama, i am still trying to get at least bow-hunting permission where i saw the 8pt, i took some pics of him and will try to post them here, he is a 8pt with a little drop tine(9pt) the quality is poor it was taken with a 10X optical zoom digital camera, but at least you can tell what he is, oh yea, he came out at 5:05 and stayed out there with a smaller buck, for 30 minutes, fun to watch anyway