Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

video hunts

Old 10-01-2005, 06:52 PM

Default video hunts

any of you guys ever video taped a hunt? i thought about taking my camera and tripod along with me in the morning..
Old 10-01-2005, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: video hunts

i never have but a friend of mine and i are going to try it sometime with hogs.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:07 PM

A guy I was hunting with in Maine video'd his bear hunt this year. Shot a HUGE (300+ pound) sow with his M1 once in the neck, and once in the ribs putting it down. He had the video camera in one hand taping the animal as he walked up to it, and it started running away, so he drew his 44 magnum, while still taping, and chased the bear through the woods shooting it in the back. Every time the gun roared, so would the bear lol. It was the BEST hunting video I've ever seen. Crazy S.O.B. is a freight train engineer in Chicago...I feel bad for the people that have to drive over those tracks lol.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just started doing it last season. I got a lot of footage of deer in close and managed to get my buddy and his wife both taking deer during shotgun season. The footage of those hunts turned out pretty good and it is fun to be able to relive a hunt you had with close friends. To tell you the truth, I don't know who was more excited when she got her deer, me or her! I think you will enjoy doing it if you give it a try.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I started doing this last season. I bought a pro bow arm from pine ridge archery and attached it to the rail on my climber. Works very well but I only got 1 miss on video with my bow. I did get alot of footage of deer with it though! I would try it if I were you! Good luck!
Old 10-02-2005, 12:24 PM

I have taped quite a few bear hunts and a couple of deer hunts. My wife andI have been out the last couple of days trying to get her a good buck with a muzzleloader on tape. Have seen a few decent bucks and one shooter, but just out of range. I think it isone of the best ways to relive the memories of your hunt in the off season.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:05 PM

i think i am gonna try taping my next hunt, just hope i get a shot.lol
Old 10-02-2005, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

this weekend i am going home for a few days. in northern new york it is turkey season and deer-bow season. So im going out turkey hunting, but Ill probably be using the video camera on deer more than trying to shoot a turkey. I dont think i would tape my own hunt, but if i tag out early, ill go along and video tape my dad, uncles, and/or grandfather