Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Video Your Hunts???? >

Video Your Hunts????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Video Your Hunts????

Old 01-29-2005, 10:22 AM

Default Video Your Hunts????

Our local WalMart has a camera mount cheap, and was just wondering how many of you tape your own hunts? I'm sure it isn't easy to do, but was just wondering.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Video Your Hunts????

I always have my Video camera with me while bowhunting. I have been busted twice by 2 different bucks as I was trying to position the camera. I have no kills on tape but one miss. The luminoks look pretty cool! I have the pro bow cam and have it mounted to the rail on my climber! I say go for it. I have alot of pretty good footage!
Old 01-29-2005, 05:39 PM

I always have my camera with me when Im hunting, I have a few kills on tape and some misses. But I have some really great footage of some deer that I have passed up. It is harder, but its worth it if you can get it done, good luck with it.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

I have been video taping hunts and scouting for a couple seasons. I am making hunting video's from the footage. Its pretty tough to video yourself. It cost me several big bucks the 1st year. I found the best way to do it by your self is a bow mounted camera. The best overall way to do it is to have a partner and take turns hunting filming. Here is a pic. taken from video of me passing on a 140 class ten point. This was filmed by a freind over my shoulder.

Old 01-29-2005, 08:02 PM

Well the camera I was going to use is a couple year old Sony handicam. I figured I could keep it on wide angle and just see what happens. If I don't get something on video, oh well, but I think it would be fun just to show people what I see. Even if I don't get a shot. So many times I see a NICE deer, (170 class) and a year later, trying to recall in my mind that deer turns into a 250 class deer. LOL. I just think it would be nice to have, and better than a camera. Well, I'll give it a try and see what happens. Thanks for all the input. By the way, this mount I found, screws into the tree like a step does. Very heavy duty, and it moves in every direction it needs to I believe. Walmart has it on sale for cheap. I'll go buy it and let you know who it is made by.

FP
Old 01-29-2005, 08:21 PM

I have my first deer taken by bow on film from 2003. We even made up some stupid/funny little commercials before the hunt - just for fun. It came out great.

My friend filmed himself taking a huge doe with his muzzleloader just 2 weeks ago, here in Louisiana. He had purchased a swivel mount made by one of his friends. Judging from the footage, and of course by what he said, it's very hard to film yourself.

But, man, does it make for good viewing at the beggining of each hunting season - pumps us up.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:32 PM

Yeah, like I said, I'll give it a try. I would love to get a super small video camera and put it on my stabilizer.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:17 PM

funeral thats a great idea about the camera on the stabilizer u should try to patten it and sell them
but since it was my idea i get a free one
Old 01-30-2005, 05:56 AM

LOL, that wasn't my idea, I've seen them in cabela's I believe. I thought it was a GREAT idea too when I saw it.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:02 AM

I have videoed several kills of hogs at feeders. I made a bracket that screws into the tree and use the head from my tripod to hold my Sony handycam. I probably dont have more than about $3 bucks in the whole bracket, and I already had the tripod head. I just set it on the target area, and leave it running once the hogs come into the feed. Most of them were taken after sundown by spotlight so I dont worry about following them after the shot. It is great to be able to relive the experience with others later.

I have one bit of footage of my getting 2 coons with one arrow too.

Quick Reply: Video Your Hunts????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.