Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Question

Old 09-06-2005, 09:59 PM

Default RE: Deer Question

Well let see, does your wife like to sit and smell it when you fart? LOL[]

I know guys who will get down out of the stand before they fart. I mean think about it, if it smells that bad to you. Dang, a deer should be able to smell it a mile away. [:-]
Old 09-06-2005, 11:32 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah I understand that it stinks but so does every other animal that takes a dump in the woods.I understand that I eat different things than the other animals but can they tell?Lets say a dog,coon,or coyote takes a dump near my stand will that affect my hunting?I know this is a strange subject but i've wondered about itfrom time to time.
By the way,this is WantBuck.I changed my name.
JE
Old 09-07-2005, 01:24 PM

Thanks guys, as for what rebel hog was saying about the deer seeing the blue spectrum better, this guy that i was reading about said that was crap. but hey, what i've been doing has worked for me and you guys made me think of somthing... i cant remember farting in a stand and killing a deer the same day......somthing to ponder
Old 09-07-2005, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

I don't believe in any of that cover scent crap. Years ago, I would buy ever gismo out, nowI try toplay the wind and try keep my movement to a minimal. There's so manyfree ways to cover your scent.The wind is the best sanitizer, so hang them outside a couple of hours before you hunt and best of all, it's free and natural.

My best scent control; however,is to reach out and touch themwith my .308 before they see orsmell me .
Old 09-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

the sun has UV rays..ever see a buck in RAY BANS ?? its all gimmick son