Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Finding tresspassers stuff

Old 08-21-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Finding tresspassers stuff

If you find tresspassers four wheelers boats and such is that considered stealing. I have found a many a tree stand and kept them but now people are using four wheelers and boats to get around on land I hunt and own. I plan on spiking the tires but could I keep their stuff?
Old 08-21-2005, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Finding tresspassers stuff

If you turn it over to the authorities,it might be difficult for them to explain just how it got on your property.Then again if it was a quad,I might just dump out the engine oil and walk away leaving them the choice to either walk out or risk damaging the engine.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:36 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

If you turn it over to the authorities,it might be difficult for them to explain just how it got on your property.Then again if it was a quad,I might just dump out the engine oil and walk away leaving them the choice to either walk out or risk damaging the engine.

I like that!!!
Old 08-21-2005, 11:44 AM

I wouldn't dump the oil out. That is only gonna cause bigger problems, first obviously is it is YOUR land that you just dumped a couple of quarts of oil on. Secondly, unless you leave them a note saying what you did, they will crank up and take off and once their bikes lock up they will be FURIOUS and even though they are in the wrong to begin with, they can seek damages against you. The smarter thing to do is simply let the air out of their tires, at least two of them. I doubt seriously they have anyway of re-inflating the tires out in the boonies. And I mean that, actually taking the valvestem cover off and pushing in the stem so that the air runs out. DON'T run your knife through the tires, that only causes bigger problems. A simply deflated tire is not damage and will not be of issue in court, but it is equally immobilizing as well as anything else.

I agree tho, in an IDEAL world we could just shoot them dead and feed the yotes, but that would create MUCH more problems than it would solve!
RA
Old 08-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: RedAllison

I wouldn't dump the oil out. That is only gonna cause bigger problems, first obviously is it is YOUR land that you just dumped a couple of quarts of oil on.
Oil Comes from the ground....
Old 08-21-2005, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

The smarter thing to do is simply let the air out of their tires, at least two of them. I doubt seriously they have anyway of re-inflating the tires out in the boonies. And I mean that, actually taking the valvestem cover off and pushing in the stem so that the air runs out
Actually many people including myself carry pumps and patchkits on our quads.It would take several minutes but not too long to be under way.If you simply remove the oil fill plug and turn the quad on it's side,most of the oil will run out the fill hole in a very short time.I think that it would be pretty hard to miss the big oil patch on the ground.Then again you could unhook the line at the bottom of the fuel tank and drain the fuel from the tank.There are severalpossibilities that would slow down the tresspassers without damaging their property yourself.Some just slow them down longer than others.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Did I find WHAT ????

DD

Old 08-21-2005, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

Best is to get a PIC of them and any item they have in your land.Even taking a tree stand is not right if you do not turn it in to the law.If you turn it in and they come to get it they will get in truble.If they do not come and get it it will become yours.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

WELL ELK I GUESS THIS IS WHERE THE "REDNECK" COMES OUT IN OL'E DD .... IF IT IS PUT ON MY LAND UNINVITED THEN IT BELONGS TO ME ..... POSSESSION IS 9/10ths OF THE LAW !

DD
Old 08-21-2005, 01:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Redneck Trespassers

A couple of Southern hunters are out in the woods when one of them falls to the ground.

He doesn't seem to be breathing, his eyes are rolled back in his head.

The other guy whips out his cell phone and calls 9-11. He gasps to the operator: "My friend Bubba's dead! What can I do?"

The operator, in a calm soothing voice says: "Just take it easy. I can help. First, let's make sure he's really dead."

There is a silence, then a shot is heard. The guy's voice comes back on the line. He says: "OK, now what?"

Quick Reply: Finding tresspassers stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.