Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Finding tresspassers stuff

Old 08-21-2005, 07:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Finding tresspassers stuff

Old 08-21-2005, 07:37 PM

Id call the cops, have them take the ATV andinform thetresspassers that can their ATV at thestation. I personally would not want to confort tresspassers without a gun of some kind.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

I don't like vandalism even against law breakers, so I probably would not drain the oil butmoving the 4 wheeler or boat wouldbe more my style. I don't mean move it aroundYOUR property but move it to the neighbors place somewhere down the road or across the lake. If you are going to piss them off, do it GOOD!
moving it aaaaaayyyyyyy???? moving like a four wheeler into a lake??? or moving the boat to my house or the bottom of the lake???
Old 08-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: texhookem

I personally would not want to confort tresspassers without a gun of some kind.
that's why when i go out to the property i hunt and fish on i take a gun. if someone asks i brought it for protection from wild hogs. but i usually take it out there for protection from possible tresspassers. but that's just me.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

m.t.hands :
well guess what the gun had been stolen the truck had no plates, we would have wrote the # down first, the scum got off scott free, the only upside is that the owner of the 30-30 got it back
So your local sheriff's officers let people walk away from a stolen vehicle they either were driving, driving or acting as if it was theirs? Sounds like pure foolishness.

Same with letting people walk away from stolen guns and trespass.

I would be EXTREMELY UPSET with their non-professional conduct (not following thru).

Hey guys I think I got your hubcap (for your stolen vehicle) right here.

As for the starting topic of this whole thing. I beleive it would be very difficult to actually gain any legal possesion of their property. I would think any thing that might "happen" to their property would be their personal problem.

With a strong winch on your truck, a block and even the slightest bit of creativity, a trespasser could be left to find themselve asking ............................. "How do I get my ATV out of that tree?"

That's the time to be in a blind with a video cam running. Priceless.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Here in FL, even if they are trepassing and they get hurt on your property
you are liable for thier damages. If a kid or any body jumps your fence and
brakes a leg, or falls out of a tree........................you better have insurance!
The first time they get caught, it's a warning. The second time is a citation,
like $35-$40.
The only way to cover your butt, is to go get a( Court ?????? Protection
Affidavit, for property owners) I forget what it is called, and recorded at
the court houseand must be in the Notice section of the News Paper for five
days. Now you are covered againist bodily injury from a trespasser.Many of
the private hunting leases are covered this way, plus they have you sign the
membership application that has this clause in itand that you understand it.
I got one and recorded 40yrs ago.

Now,if the cows or horses get out and cause life or property damage, you better
be covered for MuchoDinero, Amigo!
Old 08-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

whoops, sorry matt, the gun was stolen, not the truck, in hind site we should have made the guys stay, boy were they acting funny, no wonder the didn't want to leave the stolen gun behind, the county did take descriptions of the 2 clowns, but with only a vehichle to go by with no plate #'s to pin them down, they said it would be tough to do anything[&o], its really a shame

As for the starting topic of this whole thing. I beleive it would be very difficult to actually gain any legal possesion of their property.
that was one thing also, if it had been their legally owned gun and they went to the courthouse to claim it tresspassing charges would have been filed at that time, if they didn't try to recover the gun it would have been ours after so many days[:@]
Old 08-21-2005, 08:53 PM

i found a stand that you chain up into the tree 2 years ago right in my favorite spot...the guy had been using it during bow season

i found it first day of rifle season......... i just climbed up the tree.......... unhooked it.dropped it to the ground........ then unscrewed all the steps on my way down and stacked them up beside the tree........i though if its still here in a few days im taking it home.......... next day it was gonna to never be seen again............. they got the point that they were trespassing
Old 08-21-2005, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

It would be funny to paint the four wheeler pink
Old 08-21-2005, 10:40 PM
Dominant Buck

The way to handle this is to record the license of the ATV/Boat/or description of property. If it is a vehicle then write the Vehicle Identification Number a.k.a. VIN# down. On boats they are on the back transom usually on a small plate attached to the boat. On an ATV they might be found on the front forks of the ATV near the handle bars or along the frame near the engine mounts. Usually these are engraved right into the metal of the bike.

After you have a detailed description of the property then contact the local authority. If the trespasser returns before the law arrives, they will need to explain later to the law enforcment officer why theywere on your property, it is hard to dispute how you got all that information off their vehicle out of the blue.

Photographs are also a great thing. Mark on a tree with something so when you take the photo you can take the officer back to the same spot. It will help should the photo be used in any court, although some courts do not allow photographs to be used in them. You might also wish to leave a note on the property questioning its reason for being on your private property and informing them that they will need to contact the local law enforcment agency to explain their actions...

The problem with confiscation of property or damage to property is you are opening yourself up to civil and possible criminal liability. Not to mention, you are dealing with people willing to break the law, many people such as these will do things they feel is their right, to get even for you causing them trouble with the police.

Even though these people have no business being where they are. The law enforcement officers will need to prove that they knew they where they were, whether it was private or not mightdepending on the state you live in. You can always claim in your defence that you found this property on your land and was concerned over the owneship and that was the reason you contacted the law. Again, hard for the law breaker to then claim you made these claims to cause them harm or harass them.

Also if there is a way you can block their exit without doing damage to their vehicle this is a good idea. Again it gives the police extra time to get to the property and take actions against the trespassers. Police will normally in a case like this remove the property at the owner's expense (which can be costly) at your request besides citing them for their crime. It is kind of a double slap in their face.

Quick Reply: Finding tresspassers stuff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.