Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting cutovers

Old 08-11-2005, 10:21 PM

Default Hunting cutovers

Hello, I have a cutover behind my house that I want to hunt but I have never been one to hunt in an open space. Ive usually hunted in heavily wooded areas so Im new to cutover hunting. Im sure there will not be as much deer sign since there is not that many trees for rubs and such. There is a creek and a small water hole that I know of. My question is what is the best thing to look for while scouting this cutover? Also where and when would the best time to hunt this spot be?
Old 08-11-2005, 11:16 PM

Default RE: Hunting cutovers

Onthe cutovers I hunt I often find does and fawns grazing during dusk and dawn. Find a few tall trees foryour standand make sure you have a good rest for your rifle. Be patient and a buck will make the mistake of taking a shortcut.