Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WalMart Deer Scents

Old 08-03-2005, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Default WalMart Deer Scents

Who buys there Deer scents from a WalMart ?

And does it do you any good ?

I was at WalMarts yesterday and they were putting Tinks scents on the shelf.

Im not the sharpest knife in the droor.
But isn't August the 2nd to soon to be putting deer scents in a bottle ?

I mean after all deer season is a month away for bow hunting.
And 3 months before gun in the county I live in.
( Same county that this WalMart is in )

I have heard that deer scents ( Pee ) turns to amonia real soon.
So what do Yall Think Of WalMart Deer Scents ?

Old 08-03-2005, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WalMart Deer Scents

That's like those commercials for "Standing Estrous". "First the doe stands and he attempts to breed and then we bottle it, place your order now for delievery on Sept. 17th". [:'(]Want I want to know is where are they getting these deer that are going into estrous soon enough that they can have "my" standing estrous shipped to me buy Sept. 17th???????
Old 08-03-2005, 08:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Silent, they are pen raised. We have a woman here in Lutz,FL that
collects it and sells it.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

Well of course they're pen-raised. I'd like to come and personally shake the hand of a man who snuck up on a wild doe and bottled her urineYou would think though that a tame deer herd would have hot does at least somewhat close to when the wild herds go into estrous.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Some of them use hormones on their does. They know the number of hours it will be before the does are in estrus to collect the super pee.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:48 PM

" Super Pee "
Old 08-04-2005, 12:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I may be wrong but I believe the estrous cycle is related to photoperiodism. The Pineal gland in the brain controls it and it is related to the lenght of daylight. That is why the rut always close to the same dates. I believe the captive does are kept in pens where the handlers control the daylight so they can induce estrous. I used to have a lot of success with doe pee but the last ten years I have not even brought in one buck with it...........dabow
Old 08-04-2005, 02:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Probably collecting it from their home toilet and follow there wife around for samples. I just think this stuff is such a waste of money.So many natural ways for free you can get the same results
Old 08-04-2005, 05:55 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: dabowhunter

I may be wrong but I believe the estrous cycle is related to photoperiodism. The Pineal gland in the brain controls it and it is related to the lenght of daylight. That is why the rut always close to the same dates. I believe the captive does are kept in pens where the handlers control the daylight so they can induce estrous. I used to have a lot of success with doe pee but the last ten years I have not even brought in one buck with it...........dabow
According to fellow member Sunset , whose family owns a pee farm , it's a combination of light control and hormones that are used to induce estrous in captive does . You don't really want to know how they "milk" a buck , let's just leave it at "it requires the use of an electrical device and a very open mind ."
Old 08-04-2005, 07:00 AM

Im not the sharpest knife in the droor.
But isn't August the 2nd to soon to be putting deer scents in a bottle ?
More than likely, it is leftover from last year. This is the main reason I quit buying my scents from any large retailer. What they don't sell this year, gets put on the shelf next year.

Quick Reply: WalMart Deer Scents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.