Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 English Paper on deer hunt made 100 lol >

English Paper on deer hunt made 100 lol

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

English Paper on deer hunt made 100 lol

Old 07-31-2005, 07:34 PM

Default English Paper on deer hunt made 100 lol

Hey I made a 100 on this essay in my college English class lol couldn't believe it.
The “Respect” Buck On January 20th 2004 I woke up at 4:00 am waiting for dawn. I usually try to get in the stand before daylight, but I fell back asleep after getting ready for the hunt. My hunting buddies, Luke and Troy decided to sleep in. As the sun started to come up faster and faster, I shook off the sand bags and headed for my stand. It was about 5:30 am now and I was in a hurry, but my stand wasn’t too far from our cabin. I had been hunting in a pine stand with food plots on either side of it. It is about 500 yards from one plot to the other. My brother and I had patterned the deer and knew they would travel a small trail that forked several times in the stand of pines between the food plots. The pressure from other hunters during the first part of the season had forced many deer to stay in the pines and wait for dark before coming into the food plots. I had been monitoring the deer signs in the big timber since bow season. My DeerCam caught a wide one and a half year old six point about six days prior, and I knew I wanted to keep hunting the spot. That young buck was in the trail at 10:47 am, so it gave me hope that some deer would move in the middle of the day. I put my climbing stand on a tree that would give me a shot at a fork in the trail where the DeerCam had been. By now I had hunted this stand every hunt for four days in a row. I only missed one evening hunt on Wednesday to go to Bible study. I had seen several does and young bucks walking the trails. Most of the deer I saw moved after 10:00 am. My brother and I had been taking our walkman radios to the stand with us for the last few weeks. It’s fun to note the songs we’re listening to when we see deer. It became a hot topic over the camp fire at night. I got set up in my stand, and tuned my radio to the only station I could pick up, an oldies station. I fell back asleep for about an hour. After my nap I felt great, I was in an awesome stand and could see really well in spite of the heavy cover. I figured I’d be there till at least 1:00 pm. Carefully I scanned the timber for movement, settled in my stand, and listened to some rock and roll oldies. At exactly 9:00 am, my eyes caught something moving to the right and about forty yards away. It was the first and only deer I saw that morning. When his huge rack cleared the brush I really got excited. The buck turned the corner and started right toward me. He was feeding along the way and stopping every now and then to sniff the wind. My 270 was raised and I watched him through my scope for an eternity. Before I knew it my rifle jerked and the big deer went down. I shot through the middle of his rack left handed, burying the round in the base of his neck. What a rush! Where he fell I could only see the left side of his antlers, but they were very still. I pulled off my headphones, lowered my gun to the ground, and climbed down as fast as I could. My hands were aching to get-a-hold of that rack! It was only thirty yards to the spot where he was lying, but it seemed more like thirty miles. I reached out and grabbed the antlers, as I held them in admiration and amazement, I just took in the whole experience. I thanked God for His blessings, and I thought about how to tell my buddies what I had done. Oh yea, “R-E-S-P-E-C-T” by Aretha Franklin was playing on the walkman when I took this bruiser. That song seemed fitting for this buck, the best whitetail of my life! The buck was the biggest buck taken on our land in the five years we have been managing it. He weighed 203 pounds, had a twenty inch spread, and scored 138 Boone & Crocket. I am anxious to see the rack on the deer that will demand my “RESPECT” next year!
Old 07-31-2005, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: English Paper on deer hunt made 100 lol

Congrats man glad u did good. Seems like a good short story to me.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations,

Although a more appropriate song might be "We wish you a merry Christmas". That buck seemed like a gift since you had trouble getting up that morning, fell asleep a second time while in your stand, were listening to your walkman???. I hope you don't have to take your gameboy for when things get really boring. I always thought the sweetest song was that of the natural world.If that gun went off before you intended you need to use more caution. good jobscouting and all though.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well done Moose.