Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 ELK CAMP NEWS live from camp >

ELK CAMP NEWS live from camp

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

ELK CAMP NEWS live from camp

Old 10-06-2007, 11:46 PM

Default ELK CAMP NEWS live from camp

Howdy HI all and I hope youare having a great fall!Once again it is time forthe yearly Elk hunt This year if all goes as planned and the equipment makes it up the trail to camp, I will be broadcasting from the Melrose Elk Camp at 10,000,00 fton the west slope ofColorado. I have a new " Insured " laptop LOLand a ATT GSM card to hook into the netso that I canuploadlive or taken video from that day. We will be in camp for fifteen day's so I have added a portable 14 Wat 12 volt solar array to my existing solar set up for camp. this should keep the laptop up and running provided we have some sun.The antenna booster I picked up for my cell phone last year fits the ATT card so I should be able to get asignal in camp " HOPE ". I will report on the weather conditions elk count and huntingcamp news. Should bea lot of fun to watch but I may not get time to do much if we have lots of snow or if we have few Elkon the game pole I will be too busy hunting, Feeding horsesand doing camp work.I will Startposting on the way to Coloradoin five days. if you would like to see the broadcast check my page daily for up dates starting the 14th and airedon my stikcam player.

If all goes well I will get my elk opening day " NEVER HAPPENS LOL "so I can do video and post news

Feel free to stop by Camp

http://206.192.23.209/index.php/public/user/name_elkslayer/

Old 10-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ELK CAMP NEWS live from camp

You have cell coverage from elk camp?
Can't even get it from my home town...............
Have a good hunt and thanks for sharing
Old 10-07-2007, 05:46 PM

yep we are lucky a few years ago they put a tower some twenty miles from us by the interstate and as long as you areby camp you can get about three bars, but below camp no cell. I remember all too well not having phones in camp about ten years ago I found a hunter who had a heart attack and it took a day just to get help. Now its a call away. so Remember if your in the high country to check and see if you pick up a tower it could be 40 miles away and you still get a good connection with a booster. We get a sat phone for the Wyoming hunts its worth the expense.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:32 PM

Word in from The Melrose first season tag. My uncle and Danno member of the camp for 5 years went in to get his bull and this morning opening day he shot a big 6x6 " for Colorado" I will have pics in a day or two. My uncle got bucked off hit his head and popped some fingers loose and went to ER last night when they were packing in " Dang horse wrecks get you every time" Unc"s ok and road back into camp at midnight not bad for 75 LOL
Old 10-14-2007, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

You're in Elk camp spending time on the internet?
Old 10-14-2007, 09:48 AM

There is cell coverage from the Thourofare here in Wyming. It is amazing. most remote spot in the lower 48 and you can call for help if needed, instead of a 12 hour ride.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:31 PM

yep I called in a forest fire in the Grovont Range in Wyomingsome 7 years ago8 miles in, we could not believe we had a 3 bar signal.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:06 PM

ok hear are the pics LOL look at my uncs finger OMG

Old 10-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice looking 6x6!
Old 10-15-2007, 12:36 PM

ORIGINAL: elkslayer338

My uncle got bucked off hit his head and popped some fingers loose and went to ER last night when they were packing in " Dang horse wrecks get you every time" Unc"s ok and road back into camp at midnight not bad for 75 LOL
Tough ole bugger, aint he!

Nice bull!

Quick Reply: ELK CAMP NEWS live from camp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.