Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Talk about frustrating!!!!

Old 01-09-2002, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Talk about frustrating!!!!

I have only seen one doe this season while hunting, but I saw them all the time on places I have permission to while driving around at dusk. So I put my rifle in my truck, never saw another one until I took it out yesterday morning. Yesterday evening I saw eight does, almost hit two of them, they just stood there along the road, I got out and stood and watched them for a while. I'd have killed to have had my rifle right then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess that's just my luck.
Old 01-09-2002, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Talk about frustrating!!!!

i don't know about KS but in most states that is considered poaching! Thats not even fun. If been driving home from an unsecessful trip many times and had the gun right next to me but I guess I would rather hunt hard then waste GAS getting a deer. Good luck to ya!
Old 01-09-2002, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe I didn't make it obvious earlier, but these deer crossed the road in front of me and walked into a patch I have permission to hunt on, then just stood on the other side of the ditch and watched me, it is illegal to shoot deer on the road or from the road, but as much as I was moving around and such, these deer would have probably let me walk out off the road and shoot them...they were just standing there, I even got out of my truck and hopped up on the bed to watch them for a while to see where they went.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure you wouldn't shoot from the road or across it.
Doesn't it figure that they don't show themselves until you are unprepared?

Keep 'em all in the Bull.