Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer hunting in Miss.

Old 07-14-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Deer hunting in Miss.

Thinking about going deer hunting this fall down in Miss. Got a buddy that I am stationed with that is from there and we are going to his home and do some hunting. I was doing some research on licenses and saw on their website that they offer a Armed Forces 14-Day Hunting/Fishing license that is real cheap. Does anyone know if that means I have to be a resident, or just be active duty military and get a cheap non resident license. If that is the case, that state is the best I have seen on taking care of the military. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-02-2005, 04:37 PM

Default RE: Deer hunting in Miss.

Hey, I'm in the army and I went hunting in Miss. last year. At the local walmart i went to to get my licence they told me it was only for residents. I paid 115 dollars for a seven day hunt. but maybe you can find a place that will go ahead and give it to you out of the goodness of their hearts. Good Luck, I'm spending this season in Iraq. Kill one for those of us over here
Old 08-02-2005, 08:50 PM

I have lived and hunted in Ms all of my life and had never heard of this, but I checked and it is a non resident license. 14 days for $32. It does say that you have to apply through the Dept. of wildlife, and there is an application online.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:11 PM

Man did i get screwed, maybe i should have gone through the dept. of wildlife. Walmart....its a scam!!!!