Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Are guided hunts ethical?

Old 05-31-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Are guided hunts ethical?

IMO They are not. As a guide myself, i feel that a man that pays a guide is basicaly buying a deer/bear/elk/etc.. Somebody else is doing the work while "the hunter" does nothing but sit where he is told and pull the trigger. Where is the accomplishment in that? If I do all the work, and tell you to sit in a spot, what makes you a hunter? A killer maybe, but not a hunter.
Anyone?
Old 05-31-2005, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Are guided hunts ethical?

So you admittedly work at a job fullfilling what you consider to be an un ethical practice?
Old 05-31-2005, 01:16 PM

In new England we call people that pay for guided hunts Sports, not Hunters....FYI A Sport does what he is told and gets led around by the nose, a Hunter hunts.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:20 PM

Rybo....yes I do because I enjoy hunting. A guide is like a megahunter. He is in many different stands all at the same time. A Sport is like a hired gun to reap the fruits of my labor.....but he pays me. Sports earn nothing. They pay for everything. If you pay me as your guide, and kill say a bear, who actualy hunted the bear, and who actualy killed it?
Old 05-31-2005, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would say they are ethical. unless its one where you dont have to try at all and you know right where they are gonna be and all you gotta do is show up. ive been on a guided hunt and i know other people that have been on one and sometimes its just as hard as a normal hunt and in some cases the hunt really tests your skills.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:24 PM

I for one, have never met a Guide who has any respect for his Sports. We look down on the people that pay us. We laugh at the people who call themselves hunters. The most comical part of the week is the pictures. The pride that some people take in others work is comical. And to listen to the stories.....oh the stories.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:28 PM

whitecloud....how about baited bear hunts? or deer hunts where the stands are in place? or moose hunts? Isn't the whole theory behind hiring a guide based on paying for his knowledge? work? Skills?
Old 05-31-2005, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

I guided hunts are crap.I am with moose every guid I have meet has been a jerk behind the clients back.To there face they are god sent but after the money they SUCK.I did work for a guid and will not do it agin. I was told to LIE take them to crappy spots till the last dayand much much more.

I do however think drop camps are better and the guides have never talked bad of drop camp clients.

I would like to start up a guid LIKE bisness. But the laws here in montana are not for it.I see many thing realy roung with guiding.BUT the rich are who pay the guide and money talks so I do not think things will soon change.

Right now I have take many hunters hunting every year from out of state and in.I do not guide or charge a dime.More like a group of friends going hunting.I have made some good friends and hade some people think I was crap.For not handing them a elk/deer.Just as a guid I feel them out befor I take them to a good spot. Talk many times on the phone.See how they shoot.and more befor I let them RUN the elk out of a good hunting spot.

GOOD LUCK MOOSE keep taking the riches money.Maby someday you can settle down in a real nice house and land they payed for.If you do not take it some one will.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:08 PM

Moosehornhunter, wow you realy feel strong about this. I guide for trout part time and it is nothing like that, I know hunting and fishing are completly different sports. I would never hire a guide just because i love to do the work, the work is more then half the fun, and i am broke 100% of the time. i do think it is alittle lame when someone hunts for two days at a spot and shoots a monster, when I have to put in mounthes at a time to just fill my tag. People shouldnt be able to buy their way into the sport, but you would be out of work if they didnt.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

AMEN Elk ..tell it like it is Bro .... I agree with you 100% ... When you hunt out of the country like Canada for instance you HAVE to employee a outfitter and you have no choice ...as for MooseHorn ( let me know where YOU guide so I can avoid that place ) I would just say that I see very little difference in the skill it takes for a hunter that has paid to hunt and a guide who puts out corn and pees to draw a deer into a stand so the "Lazy" worthless paying hunter can get a shot and YOU can get YOUR big TIP !

DD

Quick Reply: Are guided hunts ethical?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.