Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Vendor Forums > White Knuckle Productions
 My official "Full Circle" review >

My official "Full Circle" review

Community
White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

My official "Full Circle" review

Old 02-24-2009, 09:04 AM
Spike

Default My official "Full Circle" review

WKP is completely new to me. Until just recently I had never even heard of them. Being a die-hard bow hunter myself, I thought I would order their video on a chance that it would be new and fresh. However, after viewing the video multiple times now, I found it lacking by comparison of the typical whitetail productions.
The first thing I noticed was the lack of non-stop gear pimping consuming 40% or better of the video. Don't get me wrong here. They do have some great sponsors who are of an elite class of manufacturers of quality hunting gear. However It seemed as though I was watching a hunting video instead of an infomercial....weird!
The second thing I found lacking was the non-stop Hollywood scores playing near endlessly in the back ground. All you could really hear other then some well documented narration describing the particular hunt was the odd sounds of deer cantering through the woods in pursuit of a hot doe, and insects, and birds, a most unusual approach to a hunting video production. The video however was not devoid of music altogether. In fact in true film making style, there was music strategically placed throughout to actually enhance the production that perfectly and seamlessly blended in to the background and subconsciously heightened the intensity of the scene without being the focus of the scene.
Yes in fact, The only commonality shared between WKP and the "Big Boys" was the production quality itself. The video quality and camera placements were right on par with the best the hunting industry has to offer. However the hunters did lack the dry and rehearsed typical shot and recovery reaction, leaving nothing to the imagination but displaying pure adrenaline rushing, raw emotion that only the average hunter knows and shares with his hunting buddies in the deer woods.
I am thoroughly and completely impressed. These are the hunting videos I have been waiting on for nearly two decades. Make no mistake "Full Circle" is entertaining,educational,real world hunting at it's finest. The only thing really missing was me, in a tree, bow in hand with an Iowa giant in front of my 20 yard pin. If you stay true to your production philosophy, you have gained a lifetime fan and supporter.

On a side note. I was very impressed with the quick, kind and helpful responses I received from Todd this past weekend via e-mail. Todd if you are interested in any feedback as far as things I would like to see, I would be glad to share those as well, even if they are only my personal opinion. There is a catch however.....You have got to share some info about "Running and Gunning with me"...lol Loved it man, was my favorite part of the video.

Sincerely,

Bob Weston
Old 02-24-2009, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My official "Full Circle" review

Wow Bob Thanks for the kind words!!! I was alittle worried at first when I started reading. We work hard to do what we do but love every single minute of it.. It sure feels great to hear comments like you made, Thank you again and will most diffently be making alot more video's.. Walt
Old 02-24-2009, 01:18 PM

Bob,
Wow thanks for the great words, I have to argee with walt at first I was not sure where it was going but I found myself enjoying your post the further I went
glad you enjoyed the video
Nic
Old 02-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

That makes three of us being worried at first, my heart got pumpin and I thought we had a hater or something? He he he...

Thanks man - greatly appreciate you taking the time to write! You hit all the main points that was basically the fuel for starting WKP!

Thanks for the support man!

Todd
Old 02-25-2009, 02:09 PM

I will have to say that I as well was a little freked out buy the first few lines. Thanks for the kind words, they are what keeps me focused and motivated.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Spike

You guys are more than welcome, you have earned the praise. I thought that would get you going almost as much as a monster in front of your stand...lol also thought it would make for a more interesting read. Any way after seeing FC I ordered your first two video's. I am diggin it guys. I haven't seen the Grind yet but that is on schedule for viewing tomorrow before work.
If I can get some good footage from Indiana this year I will be sure to send it your way. We have really seen and increase in quality deer since the implementation of the one buck rule. Now if they would just do something about the timing and length of the gun season.

Todd: You still have any of those $20 hoodies in XL?
Old 02-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry brother - I'm out of them - but I do have "Full Circle" hoodies available, and the web will be updated soon!