White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Shed Hunting

Old 02-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default Shed Hunting

Well guys I shed hunted for the first time of the year today. Not even close to ideal conditions here in west Michigan but I could'nt take the anticipation any longer. With a foot of snow on the ground I strapped on the snowshoes and grabbed a sled loaded my two year on it and off we went. We walked the deer "super highways" for three hours, we never found a shed but the time in the woods with my future hunter was awsome. We did see seven bald eagles all but one were mature. What a beatiful day in the great outdoors with my "little hunter". Let's see some shed pics guy's.
Mikey
Old 02-23-2008, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Shed Hunting

Mike, Sounds like a good time. Im getting cabin fever and need to get out soon. I cant wait til the 50s get here.

Jay
Old 02-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

That's awesome Mikey! Can't wait until my little guy is just a bit bigger, then we can all go together!
Old 02-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

Just gotta wait 2 weeks and Aaron and Ive got 4 days of shed hunting in IL.

Jay
Old 02-24-2008, 05:11 PM

I Went shed hunting in lower michigan this past weekend on the propertyI hunt. Found no sheds but seen alot of deer includinga 150 class or betterbuck and a bunch of nice toms whileI was out so it was completely worth the long day.The buckand the others he was running with were still racked so ill try again in a couple weeks. I Cant wait till turkey season wooohooo
Old 02-25-2008, 09:38 PM

went shed hunting yesterday and the only thing i found on the farm was a 10pt. buck carcass in the creek kinda disapointed about it would of been nce for next year but it had to happen for a reason...ohh well never found anything else but that...i saw a buck today and it sill had all of its head gear on.. don't think they are dropin. yet...P.S. the grind was awsome Loved every min. of it

Old 02-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Fork Horn

Man I can't believe you even went out! lol.. All the snow we've had lately doesn't help much. We received another 8 inches last night and it is snowing right now! I am also getting cabin fever Jay!! You and Aaron will def. have to come down and shed hunt with me hopefully in a couple of weeks!

Stan
Old 02-27-2008, 03:24 PM

Myself and Tyler went out today to check come trail cameras, for the most part the deer are still holding but there are a couple that have lost one side or both.We took a walk and each found a side. Mine was bigger. he he he.... i will post some pictures when I get a chance.