White Knuckle Productions The Official White Knuckle Productions Forum.

Got any advice????

Old 07-03-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Got any advice????

Hey guy's met some of you at the Lansing Mi. Deer show. Well was wondering if you had any advice for others on whats the best way to get into the video/tv industry. I have the cameras, GL2/PD170. But whats next? Do I join a prostaff? If so You need some? Any help would be apreciated. Thanks
Old 07-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got any advice????

Honestly, just make a point to talk with people (in-person if possible), showing interest, making contacts, etc.... I wish I could tell you a secret recipe, but generally speaking, guys get they're foot in the door because they strike a cord with "someone" in-charge, or someone who has a say within a company. I got my foot in the door with a random email to a manufacturer some 7 years ago. It was that single email that created this monster!

That being said, get out there, record-record-record. If you capture some good footage, I'll be willing to look at it. Look us up next year at Michigan and we can talk. Plus, even if we are filled up at the moment, we're in-contact with other guys filming all the time, so you never know when an oportunity will present itself! Just keep at it!
Old 07-03-2007, 05:15 PM

I'm not one to give any advice but... this was my first real year of hunting and filming, when I met Todd through another friend I bought a camera and spent tons of time filming myself. The time and effot paid off.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty much what Todd has said, But kill something big on video and have good footage and will see people listen to you!!!! Walt
Old 07-05-2007, 08:56 AM

yeah thats what i've heard so far. you need to know someone. I'm working at it. I know you don't make enough to support yourself unless you do the editing and get paid for it. I just crazy about hunting and if i'm not at work I'm in the woods and sometimes when I should be at work I'm cough cough sick[]and in the woods. Yeah I'm working on a web site, and going to get as much quality footage layed down as possible. Going to work on getting some product sponsors, but i need to send them some footage first i think to show them how i am on camera. Are you going to be at any other shows this year?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

It would be great to be in the hunting-film industry. Ive started recording all my brothers and my hunts in the hopes that someday i will be there too. Ill be a regular on this forum for sure!
Old 07-06-2007, 07:21 AM

TJ- if I can give you any advice, it is always have your camera ready to go. You never know when you might need it. Along with that always keep it clean, heads, lens. Dust will build up and makes for poor footage. quality over quanity any day
Hope that this helps. There are usally people who will review your footage and give you their honest opinoin.
Nic